New at my age.

Check in here and say hi!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Gr8ful1

New at my age.

#1 Post by Gr8ful1 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:10 pm

I have wanted a pontoon boat for years. I rented them a few times on a U.S.A.F.base close by and enjoyed it very much. My wife of 45 years really wanted one also. The problem is there are so many options and manufacturers. I narrowed it down to the Bennington, the Harris, and the Sylvan. We found Sylvan that made the decision for us. It was priced right, the color is good and had a Suzuki DF140. The dealer is small but very friendly and helpful. They should have it ready before the end of this month. I will spend most of the waiting time here trying to learn everything I can about this great sport/hobby/lifestyle. So much experience to tap here.
Thanks for letting us into this pontoon family. :biggrin2
Bruce
Ret. Military/Civilian Avaitor
2017 Sylva 8522

Steve7

Re: New at my age.

#2 Post by Steve7 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:14 pm

Bruce, Welcome to the forum! I'm also new here doing the same thing you're doing, but you'll have your boat before we do. Congratulations and I'm sure you'll live your new boat!

Thanks for your service!!
Steve & Sue (pups: Sky & Sierra)
2018 G3 SunCatcher V322FC Yamaha 150
Minn Kota Terrova 80 trolling motor
Grand Design tt Reflection 297RSTS
2016 Ford F250 6.7
Grizzly Flats, Ca

Gr8ful1

#3 Post by Gr8ful1 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:54 pm

I move from California 10 years ago. Miss the nice sports csr driving roads, but mostly El pollo Loco, and In & Out Burger.
Its much cheaper to live on the Gulf coast. We will be using our boat in the sound mostly. Not to comfortable going far out into the gulf.
Bruce
Ret. Military/Civilian Avaitor
2017 Sylva 8522

smltooner

#4 Post by smltooner » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:41 pm

Welcome to the club.
SMLTOONER
Ted & Emily
2019 Bennington 21SL Tri-toon
2019 Yamaha 150 HP
Smith Mtn. Lake, Virginia

ROLAND

#5 Post by ROLAND » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:44 pm

Bruce, welcome to the club sir... you are going to love the pontoon life... they are just so comfortable when you spend the entire day out on the lake... I noticed you said you lived near the gulf coast... Hope you are making it thru what is now tropical depression Harvey... We took our grandson to Sea World in San Antonio this past week and were in Houston / San Antonio when Harvey was a hurricane.... It didn't effect our plans, we planned to leave Friday morning anyway.. only inconvenience was instead of going back thru houston to make it into Louisiana, we headed north towards waco and then cut over to Louisiana... Sure hope all the people that live down there get thru this okay.
Roland & Jo
2010 Bennington 20 Sfi
Yamaha 75 4 Stroke
Shreveport, Louisiana