New Bennie

Check in here and say hi!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Bill1031

Re: New Bennie

#16 Post by Bill1031 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:06 pm

Update: Finally got a chance to go for a short ride on Saturday. It was pretty chilly out on the water so we did not stay out long (1Hr). As for the Good, the bad and ugly... Good, Very impressed with how silent the 150 Yamaha is! Can not hear it idle at all and even at full throttle you can easily talk with each other. The ride is fantastic and this toon turns sharper and better than my mono hull did. The real test will come when it gets warmer and more boat traffic. The GPS speed was at 39. Wife thought that was fast. She likes settling in at about 20. The bad is not really that bad... From a 22 ft bow rider to this 22 ft toon feels very big (I am sure I will get used to it). The ugly, putting back on the cover! I have to get the hang of doing it. It is big and my slip is tight. No walkway on left side. It will take a few times to figure out the best way of doing it. Other problem was do to it being cold and the cover was tight. This should also be better when it warms up around here. All in all I am very impressed with the Benny. :thumbsup I just need more practice. :biggrin2 Bill
Bill & Lynn
2010 2275 RLI Bennington/ESP
150 Yamaha
Smith Mountain Lake, VA

tkrein

#17 Post by tkrein » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:32 pm

the over sized center tube makes the turns alot sharper than a regular pontoon i think i read somewere you can turn 30 degrees with that plus the center is an oval shape instead of round also suppose to get you more speed. any way what was your top speed.

o and for the cover snap all the snaps on the water side first. then go around the back then the front and finally the side with the dock should make it easier thats what we do the front and port side have a dock so thats why i do the starboard and back first then the fron as you can be in the boat when yoa are putting the cover on still sucks but that what i recomend
2017 Bennington 22ssrx
115 Yamaha
karavan Trailer
2014 Chev tahoe

benny429

#18 Post by benny429 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:32 am

That is beautiful.

GXPWeasel

#19 Post by GXPWeasel » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:59 pm

Sweet looking ride for sure :nana