Another New Guy

Check in here and say hi!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

omar174

Another New Guy

#1 Post by omar174 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:54 am

Hi all,

Been lurking for a while. Bought my first boat about a month ago. Picked up a 2006 Starcraft 200 Classic with a 60hp Mercury Bigfoot. This is Starcraft's entry level boat I guess since it is a very basic pontoon, doesn't even have gauges or cleats for tying off. The previous owner added a fish/depth finder and a stereo, but that's it as far as options. It has a few cosmetic imperfections but overall it is VERY clean with low hours (118). She runs perfect, although seems VERY SLOW. I keep it in the water at our place in Ocean City, MD. I have some modifications in mind, like adding fishing chairs and a front table with umbrella. If you guys have any ideas on that let me know. Anyway, here is a crappy cell phone pic. I'll have better pics in the near future.
Attachments
pontoon 1.JPG
pontoon 1.JPG (44.94 KiB) Viewed 2779 times
2004 Hurricane GS211
Yamaha 150 OX66

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

Re: Another New Guy

#2 Post by HandymanHerb » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:23 am

Welcome, glad to have you with us and the guys are going to love how your first post has a picture of your toon in it, you have been reading posts haven't you.

Oh and nice looking toon you have!
In Memory of John 6x6 Larsen

margaritaman

#3 Post by margaritaman » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:07 pm

Welcome Omar, your toon looks nice but the back tube looks like it is sitting a little low with no passengers. You might want to check if there is water inside yout pontoons that is causing you to go slow. Get a gps and check your speed you should be in the upper teens.
Cruising the salt waters of East Florida.

smltooner

#4 Post by smltooner » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:42 pm

Welcome to the club.
SMLTOONER
Ted & Emily
2019 Bennington 21SL Tri-toon
2019 Yamaha 150 HP
Smith Mtn. Lake, Virginia

DonCabo

#5 Post by DonCabo » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:10 am

Goin' downy oshin, Hon!

I used to live in the "Ballmore, Merlin" area and goin' downy oshin and playing in the wudder were great times. I love Ocean City. It took me years to lose my Maryland accent. :lol3

Welcome to the pontoon world. Be careful in the shallow and shoal areas of the big and little Assawoman bays. Great boating up there. Lots to see and plenty of bar hopping. Once on a calm day, I took my pontoon out on the ocean. Fun times.

Enjoy and congrats! Good looking boat!

Don

Lake Norman, NC

bibomo - Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On

2011 Bentley Encore 240 Cruise
2012 Evinrude E-Tec 115HP

www.bibomo.com

omar174

#6 Post by omar174 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:31 am

DonCabo wrote:Goin' downy oshin, Hon!

I used to live in the "Ballmore, Merlin" area and goin' downy oshin and playing in the wudder were great times. I love Ocean City. It took me years to lose my Maryland accent. :lol3

Welcome to the pontoon world. Be careful in the shallow and shoal areas of the big and little Assawoman bays. Great boating up there. Lots to see and plenty of bar hopping. Once on a calm day, I took my pontoon out on the ocean. Fun times.

Enjoy and congrats! Good looking boat!
I found out how shallow it can get about half hour after I took delivery of the boat :scared You really have to know the waters around that bay. Other then that, no major drama. This is my first boat of any kind, so I have a lot to learn.
2004 Hurricane GS211
Yamaha 150 OX66