Table Rock lake fishing

Lets talk about all aspects of camping & Fishing... location, gear, tips & tricks, ect... (credit for this section goes to backlash)

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Tully

Table Rock lake fishing

#1 Post by Tully » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:26 pm

Recently retired and built a lake house on Table Rock. Was out fishing at 5:30AM this morning on Table Rock Lake in SW Missouri. Couldn't help but stop and notice the world around me. Beautiful sunrise and calm water.

2008 Tracker 24' Party Barge
Mercury 60 hp Big Foot 4 stroke
2011 Ford F150 Ecoboost
Point 25
Owl Creek Cove
Table Rock Lake
Southwest Missouri

killerkernrich

Re: Table Rock lake fishing

#2 Post by killerkernrich » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:43 pm

I am retired too, an the only thing I have against it is you get no "Days Off"
Premier 221 Explorer 60hp merc

Proud Father of a Drill Sergeant at 193rd Basic Training Infantry Brigade, Ft Jackson, SC

PLP Member
Why don't anti-gun people have stickers on their windows that say This is a gun free home
NRA member
UFC fan

smoker62

#3 Post by smoker62 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:16 am

I was thinking of heading down there when I retire hopefully in 5 years. Actually was just going to start looking for something on the water as well. Any areas you would recommend to start looking ? Need to see what kind of prices for water front homes . Up by me the water fronts are ridiculous , which I imagine is the same most everywhere.
2014 Crest Classic 250 SLR2 , Mercury 300 Verado Pro , Mercury Enertia Prop
2012 South Bay 522 , Merc 115 4S, Mercury Spitfire 4 blade prop-13 pitch light 25 mph gps, 11 pitch heavy - Sold

redbeard

#4 Post by redbeard » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:38 am

Hard to beat Gods handy work. :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown
Truman Lake
1986 24' Playcraft "The Georgia Peach"
1996 Evinrude 88 HP
14x11 Prop

Tully

#5 Post by Tully » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:54 am

Smoker62: Kimberling City area is highest priced area due to traffic and shopping. I'm about 25 miles West in Golden, MO. Lots of lake front available in this area and reasonably priced. Lots, new construction and existing homes. Shell Knob is another good area just up the lake from me.
2011 Ford F150 Ecoboost
Point 25
Owl Creek Cove
Table Rock Lake
Southwest Missouri

smoker62

#6 Post by smoker62 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:16 pm

Thanks for the tip. I was looking in the Kimberley area for lack of knowledge and they were somewhat pricey but not what I am used to up here. Iwill look nat the areas you menton. Is there any part of the lake to stay away from i.e. higher raffic than others ?

I know on our 24,000 acre lake , there are areas where we stay away from because of high tourist traffic .
2012 South Bay 522 , Merc 115 4S, Mercury Spitfire 4 blade prop-13 pitch light 25 mph gps, 11 pitch heavy - Sold

Tully

#7 Post by Tully » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:17 pm

Most traffic will be from Kimberling City area South and East towards dam and State Park. Lots of campgrounds around Kimberling City and it is a wide part of the lake. Lots of houseboats, jet skis and weekend/rental boaters. That end of the lake also hosts more fishing tournaments.
I'm about 4 miles North of Arkansas line, 8 miles from Roaring River trout hatchery and about 14 miles from Eureka Springs, AR. Google them if you're not familiar with them. I'm also about 30 miles from Branson, MO. But I do my best to stay away from there except to visit Bass Pro Shop on the Branson Landing.
2011 Ford F150 Ecoboost
Point 25
Owl Creek Cove
Table Rock Lake
Southwest Missouri

Tully

#8 Post by Tully » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:23 pm

This morning I was back at same point as before and saw this. That old saying (get your ducks in a row) was not a myth. 2 other groups had passed by and this was as close as I could get to 3rd group.

2011 Ford F150 Ecoboost
Point 25
Owl Creek Cove
Table Rock Lake
Southwest Missouri

smoker62

#9 Post by smoker62 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:01 pm

Thanks Tully ! :beer2

REPETE

#10 Post by REPETE » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:16 pm

Nice. Makes me want to retire to the lake today.

Over the past few years I noticed something. Fishing in spots where I enjoy the scenery is more important than even catching fish sometimes!

One of the reasons I enjoy fishing with my family or by myself is that I don't feel I need to run around finding fish to please guests that are up for a limited time. I can sit back and chill and enjoy nature. :thumbsup
Just verified it on Snopes. Liberals are complete mouth breathing idiots.

I shanked my lover because hoes kept stealing my taco's.

bobalong

#11 Post by bobalong » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:26 pm

Tully wrote:Recently retired and built a lake house on Table Rock. Was out fishing at 5:30AM this morning on Table Rock Lake in SW Missouri. Couldn't help but stop and notice the world around me. Beautiful sunrise and calm water.

Looks great, retirement still a couple years away for me, but I visualize that type of morning all the time when I retire.......cant wait. Buddy just retired and said the best thing is you can almost through the clock away, eat when your hungry, sleep when your tired....and fish, after 40 years the time and day don't really matter.....there all holidays :happy
2011 Sweetwater 206F Sunrise
2011 60 HP Evinrude Etec
Humminbird 798SiHd
Boating on Moose, Pigeon, Lac St. Anne and Sask Landing

bassn386

#12 Post by bassn386 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:28 pm

Smoker, since Table Rock is a Corps of Engineers lake you are prohibited from building any permanent structure below what the Corps has determined is the 500 Year flood level. So, water front may mean you have no one in front of you to the water, but it also may mean a trek down to it.
That having been said, TR is a beautiful place. Tully can certainly fill you in.

Here at Lake of the Ozarks, a permanent structure (home) may not be built below (if I remember correctly), the 662.5 feet above sea level mark. There was lots of anguish and confusion a couple of years ago when FERC got involved with Ameren UE's shoreline management plan, mainly because there were some homes that were built below that level. I believe most of that is now straightened out, emphasis on MOST.
When I walk out my back door I have about a 40' walk to the seawall where my dock sits. I then have another 40' walk to get onto the dock. I can be in my boat and fishing in less than 10 minutes after walking out my back door.
There are places on LOTO where it's no fun to be out on a busy weekend in anything less than a 30 footer. Up where we live we only get 3 busy weekends and those are the major holidays.
2011 Bennington 2575RCW w/ ESP
F225 Yamaha

Mosnowman

#13 Post by Mosnowman » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:22 pm

Bass what part of LOTO do you live on?

Personally I like Table Rock Lake better due to it being a really pristine lake but your exactly right about proximity to the water and boat. We will probably buy on one of those two lakes in the next few years. Obviously being from Columbia I can be at LOTO in about an hour and it takes 4 hours to get to Table Rock. My biggest concern with LOTO is the issue you mentioned regarding being busy and I know in the main channel on busy weekends you can have 6-8 foot swells with those idiots driving Ocean Liners at 70 mph. This is the primary thing holding me back from LOTO. I guess what I am asking is from a resident what are your thoughts about a retired couple with a 25 foot Tritoon on LOTO? Thanks!
BUSY LIVING...
2012 Harris Flotebote 240 Cruiser Tritoon
Mercury Verado 150 / Performance Package @ Rough Water Package
Columbia Mo BZLIVN
It Comes Down To a Simple Choice..Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying....

bassn386

#14 Post by bassn386 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:36 am

Snowman, we're near the 55 mile marker on the Osage. One thing I notice when we go down the lake is that for every 5 miles closer to Bagnall Dam we get, the traffic seems to increase by a good 10-15%. I have not gone past the 31 MM (the confluence of the Osage and Big Niangua), but I've heard so many stories from people who live between the dam and about the 25 MM on the Osage about not being able to even be on their dock after about 9:30 in the morning.
Don't know how familiar you are with LOTO, but there are 5 arms, with the Osage being the longest. The Niangua splits into the Big Niangua and Little Niangua, The water clarity is the best of all the arms, but it's pretty developed and can get busy on the weekend. If you are a fisherman, there's some pretty good smallmouth bass fishing on these arms. The Glaize arm also has Party Cove, so you can imagine what traffic is like there on weekends. The Gravois arm tends to be pretty shallow at the upper ends and the lower part is very, very busy on weekends.
Make sure, if you are looking at lake front property, that you check the amount of water under the dock closest to shore! Ameren UE drops the lake every winter and if you don't have at least 6' of water under the front of the dock, you could wind up with part of the dock on dry ground for several months.
Any other questions, pm me. I'll try to answer them. I believe there's another forum member on here (OldPharte) who lives here full time and might like to weigh in.
2011 Bennington 2575RCW w/ ESP
F225 Yamaha