Marideck MD-101 Vinyl Adhesive

Post your restoration and rebuild projects here.

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

willy13

Marideck MD-101 Vinyl Adhesive

#1 Post by willy13 » Mon May 01, 2017 9:35 am

The MD-101 is the one thats used to glue there vinyl to a wood surface. I am trying to plan ahead. Does anyone know if this stuff smells. I was thinking of replacing the flooring in my garage which is attached to the house. Smells always find there way in, and I do not want to upset the family. :nono

Bamaman

Re: Marideck MD-101 Vinyl Adhesive

#2 Post by Bamaman » Mon May 01, 2017 12:23 pm

I once installed 750 square feet of Tarkett/Naafco 3 1/2 inch by 36 inch vinyl flooring in a basement room using vinyl mastic bought at Lowes. After a couple of years, it popped up. I was supposed to use a specific Naafco 404 mastic meant for that specific flooring. I had to pop every one of those floor tiles and put them back down with the proper mastic.

In other words, glues are not just glue. There are many different mastics for different purposes and materials. I would suggest you go online to see if that product is meant to glue that type of vinyl flooring to concrete.

The mastic I used did smell to start with, but the smell left quickly. It was actually a latex product that turned sticky after a few minutes after being troweled on.
'12 Bennington 24' SSLX Yamaha 150

willy13

#3 Post by willy13 » Mon May 01, 2017 1:13 pm

I am sorry I was not clear. I am using it to glue vinyl to the wood floor on a pontoon IN my garage. I am worried that it will stink up the house and wondering if I should do it out side.

I did hear back from the manufacturer and they say it smells like elmers glue. So I guess I am good to go.:)

Thoughts are still appreciated if anyone used this product.

mrlouis

#4 Post by mrlouis » Mon May 01, 2017 3:29 pm

if you have a couple fans run them in a window or a door way exhausting the fumes should do the trick