Luxury seating

Post your restoration and rebuild projects here.

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Xscash

Luxury seating

#1 Post by Xscash » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:21 pm

Hey guys.....Is there a place other than the common online sites to buy luxury style seating? It seems like a Google search only returns results with basic dated seating. I would like to buy something that is much more upgraded and luxurious looking. Same goes for rails around the sides. It seems like the only thing available, is very basic looking stuff.
Xs
[color=#0040BF]2014 Regency 220DL with a mercury 115HP command thrust
Previous; 2011 Sun Tracker Party Barge 21 w/60HP Merc[/color]

Liquid Asset

Re: Luxury seating

#2 Post by Liquid Asset » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:46 pm

Veada or American soft trim make custom seats with upholstered bases. I looked at all the basic seats available when I did my build and they left a bit to be desired. I have american soft trim on my boat. They are actually apex marine. They make quest and gillgeter pontoons. I toured the place when I ordered mine, actually bought a bunch of stuff for my boat from them. My brother had veada make a couple custom cushions a sun pad on his old boat. They turned out nice.
2018 Tahoe ltz elite windshield powered by a 175 Mercury verado with sea legs
Rebuilt custom 20' 1983 riviera cruiser tritoon SOLD

2017 crew cab F-350 gets me to the lake !

Bamaman

#3 Post by Bamaman » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:56 am

About all you can do is trade up to a Q Series Bennington or one of the nicest Premier models. That's where the truly luxurious seating and fencing can be experienced.

Otherwise, you'd have to pay big money for custom upholstery and even bigger money for custom made fencing.
'12 Bennington 24' SSLX Yamaha 150

ron nh

#4 Post by ron nh » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:03 pm

[quote="Xscash"]Hey guys.....Is there a place other than the common online sites to buy luxury style seating? It seems like a Google search only returns results with basic dated seating. I would like to buy something that is much more upgraded and luxurious looking. Same goes for rails around the sides. It seems like the only thing available, is very basic looking stuff.
Xs[/quote]
I agree, Talk about a niche waiting to be plucked. It's all swirls and low end vinyl. The recommended company that makes Qwest seats is a good place to check. The best part of there boats is the upgraded SE seats. They have the retro car look and very comfortable, I didn't realize you could buy them.
2015 Qwest LS 818XRE Tri-toon w/mercury 115.

Xscash

#5 Post by Xscash » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:27 pm

Thanks for the info guys. I am actually building a new type of pontoon boat. I am starting my prototype with off the shelf stuff to prove my concept. Once I have a working prototype, I'll share it here. I think it will be a huge hit and add a very useful market to the industry.
Xs
[color=#0040BF]2014 Regency 220DL with a mercury 115HP command thrust
Previous; 2011 Sun Tracker Party Barge 21 w/60HP Merc[/color]