Vinyl flooring install

Post your restoration and rebuild projects here.

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

kyle.roadt

Vinyl flooring install

#1 Post by kyle.roadt » Wed May 27, 2020 3:03 pm

Who has purchased the vinyl from pontoonstuff.com (or any vinyl really) and installed it on their boat? Does the wood need to be like glass, or is there a little bit of room for give in the flooring to go over some unevenness without telegraphing of the substrate through the vinyl? I epoxied all the joints and bolt holes, and am curious as to how truly perfect it needs be sanded before I put down the flooring. 1/8" sticking up ok, 1/16" sticking up ok? Any insight anyone has would be appreciated.

Kytoon

Re: Vinyl flooring install

#2 Post by Kytoon » Wed May 27, 2020 4:41 pm

I did carpet and can't comment on vinyl.

Have fun.
1994 Godfrey Sweetwater 20' Fishin Cruise.
Deckmate Furniture (Burgandy/Ivory), 20 oz textured carpet, CCA Treated Plywood,
Toon for comfort & relaxing, Jetski's for speed= day of fun on lakes of KY.

TheWhisker

Re: Vinyl flooring install

#3 Post by TheWhisker » Thu May 28, 2020 6:14 am

I installed the PS vinyl in April so I can't comment on any longevity aspects. I also put on new decking first, so I didn't have any old adhesive to remove. I can't see any seams or screw heads, at least so far. I didn't epoxy the heads. I used decking screws and ran them flush. Their vinyl was easy to use and seems to be adhering well. It's the first (and will probably be the only) time I've done this so I really don't have any 'professional' advice. It's quite thick, which may hide some minor uneven areas or seams but I don't know since this is the only time I've done it.

2007 Suncatcher 208C, Yamaha F90 fully rebuilt as a fishing vessel
1996 Ford E-350 conversion van, 460 w/4.10 Dana rear (the tow vehicle)