New fuel tanks

Post your restoration and rebuild projects here.

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Gustopho

New fuel tanks

#1 Post by Gustopho » Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:17 pm

All right guys, so I’m going to be going from a 45 hp to that 200 hp outboard mercury. On one of my earlier posts I was told I needed about a 50 gallon fuel tank. Please check out the link below and tell me if I’m looking at this properly. If I were to purchase two of these and place them about 8 foot from the motor with the weight distribution be proper? Also because of the design of these would mounting them under the decking be suitable? I’m thinking that it would be since the front of the tank would cut through the water. I would have to have custom mounts built but please let me know what your thoughts are.

https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/moell ... Q4QAvD_BwE

steve1313

Re: New fuel tanks

#2 Post by steve1313 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:23 am

You've now posted this same link in at least three different posts, which is really counterproductive. You'll get better results keeping everything in one post. But like I've said, and so have others, your idea of mounting them under deck isn't a great one. Not sure how you'd mount that securely below the floor. And if it caught a wave or wake while underway, I'm thinking it would get ripped right off from the force. Then you've got a fuel spill and environmental issue to deal with.
Steve
"Serendipity" - 2017 Sweetwater 2286 WB Tritoon w/ 150HP Yamaha
Slipped at Lake Anna, Virginia
Primary Residence: Richmond, Virgina
Lake House: Lake Anna, Virginia