Toon value?

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

fergusmj

Toon value?

#1 Post by fergusmj » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:47 am

Hey everyone, looking for some input here on my toon. My wife is pregnant (Woohoo), but there is some question about our upcoming financials (Booooo). When we built the toon, it was done with the assumption that it would be something very easy to sell if needed. I’m wanting to get ideas on what you all think it would be worth. I put it all together over the winter from the deck up.

It is a registered 2014 Assembled Pontoon. Really though, it’s a South Bay (Ty, any idea on year range?)
Boat:
- Tritoon (3rd ¾ length tube) with strakes on the insides of the outer toons and a 31 gal transom mounted tank.
- Brand new furniture from Veada (custom colors)
- Bimini
- 4 6.5” speakers and radio with aux input
- Rear 1/3rd of deck is teak vinyl with carpet on the front 2/3rds
- Seastar hydraulic steering
- Dual battery setup with switch and VSR (1 cranking and 1 house battery)

Motor:
- 2005 150HP Mercury Optimax
o Motor was rebuilt and total hours on it (including prior to rebuild) are about 90 hrs.
o Motor currently has some idling issues, but I’m in the process of fixing those so it will be listed as a great running motor once the hiccups are resolved.
o Enertia 15P stainless prop

Since it's an assembled, I'm curious on the value since I can't really compare it to anything other than a similarly equiped Tritoon from the OEMs

Thanks all!

pics in my build thread, but a few below

Ferg's Tritoon Build
[url]http://www.pontoonforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=17012[/url]

ToonGuy

Re: Toon value?

#2 Post by ToonGuy » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:23 am

I think I'm biased on the value...but I can tell you the last chassis I sold that was completed (needed only a motor / controls) I sold in the $13K range, with a single axle trailer. Same chassis set up, with cheaper seats, generic "basic" old school aftermarket fence, nice South Bay helm, and full teak floor. It was a 21.5 footer. Your toon is much nicer IMO. As far as the year IIRC that was a new over run so it most likely would have been built near the end of the 2013 model run in the summer of 2013. Some one correct me if I'm wrong but I believe 2014 was the first year for the curved motor relief in the rear swim platform?
Just one boat...after another, after another :-)

fergusmj

#3 Post by fergusmj » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:55 pm

Thanks Ty,

Anyone else have thoughts. Not gonna hurt my feelings no matter what.

Seeing tritoons online I would think 20's to low 30's.

Way off here?

Again, motor would be in good running condition. Just gotta get the bugs worked out.
Ferg's Tritoon Build

tkrein

#4 Post by tkrein » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:10 pm

depends on area and time of year, personally its a beautiful build . being a 21.5 with a 2005 150 I would still push in the 30's. the area amount of lakes/rivers economy are going to effect the price of you toon. Most people when buying this toon will think its a used machine even though its a bran spanking new boat, and built with love and care. Most buyers will look at the 2005 motor and hesitate and consider the whole boat used, this is my thinking I might be wrong. Here in Bismarck ND I bet you could get about 35- 37, but we are in a economic boom due to the stupid oil fields. Personally I wish the oil would have never come another story for another time.
2017 Bennington 22ssrx
115 Yamaha
karavan Trailer
2014 Chev tahoe

fergusmj

#5 Post by fergusmj » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:27 am

Thanks for the input.

Tell ya what, You sell it for me and we'll split anything above 30K :nana
Ferg's Tritoon Build

ToonGuy

#6 Post by ToonGuy » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:14 am

One thing that may be in issue is having an Assembled title. Some banks my not loan as much, and it will scare some people off. People generally believe every one is out to screw them and some how you're "pulling one over on them". I've lost more then one sale because of the ASM title. Heck, I lost a sale on the twin for the simple reason that I don't have titles for the motors. I tried to explain that IN doesn't and has never required an outboard to be titled, but the person claimed they called our state BMV and were told all motors need to be titled :donno
Basically what I'm saying is if you do decide to sell advertise upfront about the title so it cuts down on people that will get scared off by it as well as tire-kickers that might think it's just another reason to negotiate the price down.
Just one boat...after another, after another :-)

tkrein

#7 Post by tkrein » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:29 am

You pull it up here than I'll just use it till its sold. haha
2017 Bennington 22ssrx
115 Yamaha
karavan Trailer
2014 Chev tahoe

fergusmj

#8 Post by fergusmj » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:02 am

Thanks for the heads up Ty, I know it was a hassle insuring my boat without getting a survey, but I think that's because I actually have a replacement value on it as well. Just Collision seemed easy.

tkrein.... Thanks for the offer. I'll get back to you on that :lol3
Ferg's Tritoon Build