EZfender Boat Fender Bumper Hangers

Pontoon Boat & Deck Boat Forum

Open and Honest Pontoon Boat Discussion

Site Sponsor - pontoon boat seats, furniture and accessories www.pontoonstuff.com - pontoon boat seats, furniture and accessories
It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:42 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Beware of Veranda brand of Toons.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:22 pm 

https://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-fo ... blems.html

Couple guys with serious problems.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Beware of Veranda brand of Toons.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:04 pm 

Veranda is the company that has an interesting looking interlocking all aluminum deck system. Checking for leaks in a pontoon is pontoon construction 101, kinda odd for a company that brags about there aluminum construction to forget to do a pressure test. I wonder if the buyer got unlucky.
www.verandamarine.com/construction/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:11 pm 

If your state has a lemon law, maybe it will apply to boats. If it were me, I would insist that they buy it back at what I paid for it or we would go to court

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:32 am 

Wow! You've certainly been through the ringer on this one. I actually looked at Veranda pontoons at one of the boat shows I attended last year and I was impressed with them, although I ended up buying another brand.

There's no doubt Veranda delivered a boat with problems, but your dealer sure hasn't helped. My number one rule when buying a boat is "Pick the dealer, then pick the boat". When I hear stories like yours, it only strengthens my belief that without a good dealer, you can be really screwed. Boat manufacturers don't seem to be setup to deal with end users so the dealer MUST be that conduit.

I sure hope you get it all worked out soon. Nothing worse than having a new boat that you really can't use!

Good Luck

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:05 pm 

I custom ordered a Veranda boat at the Dallas boat show with the Veranda rep. After 8 weeks of waiting and talking to Veranda they said they could not build by boat with the design the Veranda Rep. and Veranda Engineer promised me. They told me I would have to move up to another boat and pay $1000 more to get what they promised in writing. They would not budge on the price. I raised a lot of pain with the boat dealer I went thru and they finally cancelled my contract and sent me my deposit back. 8 weeks of waiting that the Veranda sales rep promised as a time frame and then call and say they cannot build what the sales rep. and the Veranda engineer promised... and now wanting more money!! I guess I got lucky compared to you and did not end up getting the boat. I purchased a Lowe pontoon off the floor at Cablela's with almost everything Veranda promised for less money and no waiting.
Buyer Beware on Veranda!!!

Profile E-mail