Tracker 60 Bigfoot surging-help!!!!!!

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

plane jim

Tracker 60 Bigfoot surging-help!!!!!!

#1 Post by plane jim » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:26 pm

Hello Everyone-I had a problem on the lake today. Anytime I advance to WOT the engine would take off as normal and run for about minute or so and around 4500 rpm it would start surging to 3600 back to 4500 but would run at 3900 rpm with no problem. I also notice it was more pronounced when I entered left hand turns versus right and when I had my 1st mate pump the bulb on fuel line it would smooth out to 4900 rpm for a few seconds.

To give you a little history on this two stroke engine I have only had it out twice and it ran fine for several hours two days ago. I think it maybe fuel and I notice the filter is located I believe behind the oil injection tank-any advice would be appreciated-thanks

I did stop at the local dealer and they advised me if I would leave it for two weeks they maybe able to look at it! :donno

This engine year 2004 for relative low hours and I only have seen 5000 rpm on the tach at WOT-and I noticed the tag on the engine states 5500 max rpm.

plane jim

Re: Tracker 60 Bigfoot surging-help!!!!!!

#2 Post by plane jim » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:57 am

update-The BF runs good now, two cans of seafoam added to fuel tank and ran for two hours as well as replacing inline fuel filter and addtl inline filter installed before pump as a precaution which was not really needed because the tank is clean. I think I will add seafoam per instructions to every tank full now it really help remove the old varnish coating in the system.

cwag911

#3 Post by cwag911 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:31 am

That stuff is like magic!
Carl & Suzi
07 Bennington 2275rl triton w/ strakes
150 Honda 15x15p Enertia prop
Power assisted steering
Denver, NC Lake Norman
Pleiku, Vietnam 1971
Agent Orange survivor (so far)

GregF

#4 Post by GregF » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:23 am

I bet the filter really fixed the problem, not the seafoam.

Personally I would not own a boat that didn't have a big spin on filter/separator. That made my fuel problems go away.
1974 Harris
70 HP 4 stroke EFI Yamaha

plane jim

#5 Post by plane jim » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:49 pm

I disagree-the seafoam was added and the motor ran well before the new filters were added and the fuel is clean with no water-thanks