Opinions on what I should do about my boat in service.

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

gramps

Re: Opinions on what I should do about my boat in service.

#16 Post by gramps » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:09 am

I bought a SeaDoo from them around 10 years ago and they used to be a good dealer, seems like they have gone downhill. Go there today and tell them you want to see what they did, and if nothing, then ask to see the owner.

Tell the owner everything that has happened to you, don't waste your time with anyone else because they will cover for each other.
2012 Berkshire, 230cl Tritoon
150hp Mercury 4stroke
Road King Trailer
Towed with a Buick Enclave

BobL

#17 Post by BobL » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:04 am

gramps wrote:....Go there today and tell them you want to see what they did, and if nothing, then ask to see the owner.

Tell the owner everything that has happened to you, don't waste your time with anyone else because they will cover for each other.
I agree with this. Also, I would call the engine manufacturer (or google it) and find other boat mechanics in the area that will perform warranty work for you. Certified independent mechanics actually love to do warranty work and are usually more qualified, more efficient, and not as busy rigging boats or helping salespeople get a new boat out ahead of yours. I have seen it happen often (at boat dealerships) when a potential customer walks in and cuts a deal with the sales guy (or owner) but part of the deal is "you have to get it ready by tommorrow". Guess what, they drop everything they are doing (like working on your boat) so they book a new sale.
SOLD - 2009 20' Bentley w/4 Stroke 90hp Mercury
SOLD - 2011 SouthBay 522CR w/115 4 Stroke Mercury
2014 Xcursion 23RF XS package w/150 4 Stroke Mercury

playcat

#18 Post by playcat » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:32 am

BobL wrote: I have seen it happen often (at boat dealerships) when a potential customer walks in and cuts a deal with the sales guy (or owner) but part of the deal is "you have to get it ready by tommorrow". Guess what, they drop everything they are doing (like working on your boat) so they book a new sale.
That's exactly what happened at the dealership I sold at. After-the-sale service ranked dead last after getting something off the sales floor.
playcat
Boatless for now
Never another I/O
Kerr Reservoir, VA

MichaelB

#19 Post by MichaelB » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:09 pm

So what ended up happening? Did you get the motor fixed?

1984 Riviera Cruiser 28ft, rebuilt and enhanced with 175hp Evinrude

Mosnowman

#20 Post by Mosnowman » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:52 pm

They have "lied" to you numerous times...I would not trust them at this point. 22 days is unacceptable and the way they have handled it totally lacks character. I agree with others...get your boat and go elsewhere. Before you leave talk with management and let them know you will be filing a report with the BBB. Just my two cents....
BUSY LIVING...
2012 Harris Flotebote 240 Cruiser Tritoon
Mercury Verado 150 / Performance Package @ Rough Water Package
Columbia Mo BZLIVN
It Comes Down To a Simple Choice..Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying....

wickedgoodtrader

#21 Post by wickedgoodtrader » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:53 am

The motor did not get fixed. They told me they were going to lake test it. So I began to call everyday asking how the lake test went. I was told, the boat was put on the lake, but he still had to talk to the mechanic who was out of the shop. He said he'd call me first thing in the morning. No call. I went in there and asked to see my boat. This is when I got a sick feeling in my stomach when they took me to it.

It was sitting along the fence line looking exactly like I had dropped it off. When I dropped off the boat.. 2 of the poles that hold the cover up had fallen down and I left it that way. The same 2 poles were still down. Also.. the launch I brought it from is a bad launch and the trailer drags... there were some small rocks balanced on the beam on the bottom of the trailer that were still sitting there. Those rocks would have for sure fallen off if the boat had been launched again. The guy (Dave) still insisted it had been put on the lake when I said there's no way. I told him I'm taking it out of here... he begged me to give him till morning to talk to the mechanic.. don't know why I did, but I gave him till morning because I had so much time invested (now a month). I show up first thing in the morning and my boat is sitting out front dripping water.. they obviously had finally done the lake test.

I go to grab my boat and meet the mechanic for the first time. He tells me I'm full of it that my boat does 50 mph when running properly. He claims no way does this boat do more then 40. I tell him I had it running at 50 all spring long. He shrugs me off like I'm lying about it. I took my boat and filed a complaint with mercury.

gramps

#22 Post by gramps » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:20 pm

What kind of boat do you have and what is the hp?
2012 Berkshire, 230cl Tritoon
150hp Mercury 4stroke
Road King Trailer
Towed with a Buick Enclave

wickedgoodtrader

#23 Post by wickedgoodtrader » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:47 pm

24 ft Manitou X-plode with 250 hp

Texoma Toon

#24 Post by Texoma Toon » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:06 pm

A simple google turned up these bad reviews.......you may want to add your review also.
http://www.yellowpages.com/waterford-mi ... es-3829371

Look like you already have....good job! Bad mouth these clowns on any website you can find :thumbsup :thumbsup
2007 G3 LX 22 Fish & Cruise
90 Hp Yammy
Dual Axle Trailer

The proud American will go down into Obama's slavery without a fight, beating his chest and proclaiming to the world how free he really is. The world will only snicker. - Pravda