Pontoonstuff.com

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

Re: Pontoonstuff.com

#31 Post by HandymanHerb » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:03 am

More boxes showed up today,three Captains chairs, Bimini frame, boat cover and the home theater counsel???

Seems FEDX dropped the wrong box, so my bimini top is still on the truck :paranoid
In Memory of John 6x6 Larsen

curtiscapk

#32 Post by curtiscapk » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:24 am

Herb,

my top was in the frame box even though it says it wasn't. :donno

home theater????
Craig and Paula
"THE FLOATER" rebuild Spring 2013
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15328
94 Party Barge 24' 115 merc
Turning Point hustler 14 x 13 prop
22mph gps 3 people
12 F150
Overland Park Ks
Hillsdale Lake, KS

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

#33 Post by HandymanHerb » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:32 am

I thought James sent me something not on the list, I'm still waiting for the big screen to show up :rofl :rofl

I can't find the big helm on the site anymore, did you helm have a white door too?

curtiscapk

#34 Post by curtiscapk » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:34 am

same color I think... only pic I have. You can see the door opened looks to be the same.
Attachments
IMAG0108.jpg
IMAG0108.jpg (40.63 KiB) Viewed 3753 times
Craig and Paula
22mph gps 3 people
12 F150
Overland Park Ks
Hillsdale Lake, KS

curtiscapk

#35 Post by curtiscapk » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:30 am

lakerunner wrote:
HandymanHerb wrote:Did you write them about the discount too ?

ROBBSRACINGENGINES, that why Craig and I got our free rebuilds, he trying to mend fences and get customers back, he cleaned house on the forums and got rid of the asses
They already have my money so maybe next time.

Loyd,
Check your records....

Hi Mr Curtis!
Yes Mr Meeks was refunded 10% on each item this AM

Have a Great weekend
Annette Green
Craig and Paula
22mph gps 3 people
12 F150
Overland Park Ks
Hillsdale Lake, KS

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

#36 Post by HandymanHerb » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:07 am

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

PommeToon

#37 Post by PommeToon » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:53 am

James Myers wrote:Hi Guys

I'm sorry about that forum mess, it was actually Rob's call that finally made me aware of the problem, though it took a bit longer for me to act. I had neglected the forum while I was focusing on our new seating line and for a year or so before that due to some personal issues that kept me preoccupied. When I saw the posts got deleted I got a bit crazy and had to make some changes... you don't delete posts that are true and you don't treat folks bad who are good customers or potential customers. For that matter you don't treat anyone bad, customer or not, everyone's there to learn and have fun anyways. I'm glad I finally caught on to it all and made the changes, like you said above, our forum is only for folks to get ideas and see peoples rebuilds in order to get excited. Our forum is open now for anything, there's no reason for drama and I'm sorry that so many folks got treated poorly.

James Myers
President
PontoonStuff, Inc.
I stopped going over there and interacting at the forum because of how it was ran and the rude way people were getting treated. I appreciate your honesty in this as well. Sometimes it is hard for people to admit mistakes, and it takes guts to dot it. I am pleased to hear you made some changes. I do like looking at the rebuilds. I appreciate the hard work people put into their boats to make them new again. If I need anything for my pontoon, I will check your site out now when I am doing my shopping. Congrats to all the guys that are getting a Pontoon Makeover! That's awesome! :thumbsup
Nick
1993 Lowe 257 Classic
1993 Evinrude V4 115hp VRO

curtiscapk

#38 Post by curtiscapk » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:57 pm

lakerunner wrote:I just ordered this http://www.pontoonstuff.com/boat-seat-mount-slider.aspx

Just pedestal alone was $25 cheaper than Bass Pro not to mention the slider included with free shipping

Did you get your Captain's Chair Loyd?
Craig and Paula
22mph gps 3 people
12 F150
Overland Park Ks
Hillsdale Lake, KS

VaGent

#39 Post by VaGent » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:45 am

Bamby wrote:
A few weeks ago I got an email from the owner of pontoonstuff.com (Jim Myers) saying he was aware of some problems with his forum and the hard feelings (and possibly negative impression of pontoonstuff.com) it has created. He said he let the mod's go and wanted to work with us to get the word out on a new line of products he is now producing/selling.
I'm a pretty long term member over there and they may actually be the first forum I ever signed on to and I've observed a long time age they had problems. But I'm not convinced they're problem ever was actually the moderators themselves. Yea I know wildcat was an iron fist and ran a tight ship and some had issues with him for it, but in reality their isn't anything actually wrong with running a family safe forum and format.

I also admit I had some hard feelings about how tight fisted and territorial they were with their format in another way myself. When I first joined there a person needed help in locating specific items for their boat if you knew a source you could post a link to it on the forum for anyone reading it to see and read. They then tightened the ship to the point threads were destroyed because they forced people to PM sources to each other if it wasn't from pontoonstuff itself.

Pontoonstuff does carry decent line of products, but unfortunately fall short of carrying "everything pontoon". And that is fully understandable and acceptable in itself, but if you're sponsoring an honest and open forum they ought to allow it's members to help each other out in obtaining things they need or desire despite the fact it is sold by one of their competitors.

Another thing that sort of grated me is the fact that they wiped out the existence of the former mods. and generalized all their posts and contributions as "guests". Like them as individuals or mods aside they put a lot of time in posting, representing and caring for that forum. And to take away their time and contributions and label all there efforts as "guests" was wrong in any way I could look at it.

So just maybe Jim needs to loosen his fist a bit about the links and competitors issue. And maybe over time either new members will come and choose to stay, and maybe some of the inactive members may choose to come back and post again.
Like Bamby I too have been a long time member & I have nothing but good things to say about the folks at pontoonstuff.com. ALWAYS very helpful in every way & ALWAYS corrected any problem "if' one happened to come along.

I posted my complete 984 JC Pontoon Rebuild on pontoonstuff.com & met a lot of really nice helpful folks & even got to know one "kinda sorta maybe" on a personal note & that is all I will say about that. Some things are better left "unsaid". Jim Myers & I talked on the phone & explained a lot of things to me & has been very helpful with my "in progress 1993 Voyager rebuild. I a like a LOT of other people am pleased to see Jim has corrected the fact we can now "share" information more freely without having to PM one another. I'm sure this will indeed increase business more then Jim might think.

I've been a member of this board too for a while but have not done much posting as I was posting more on pontoonstuff. NOW, I hope to share everything on BOTH sites. It's time to "move on" to bigger & better things & learn from the past & enjoy our rebuilds, ideas & friendship with one another. Looking forward to seeing the "new rebuilds" taking place.
1993 24' Voyager 2006 E-TECH 90-Fishing Barge
1984 24' JC 2011 E-TECH 90-Family Cruiser
2010 Silverado LT Quad Cab 5.3 Vortex

curtiscapk

#40 Post by curtiscapk » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:56 am

Thanks VA!

I have been following your rebuild and grabbing ideas for mine!
Craig and Paula
22mph gps 3 people
12 F150
Overland Park Ks
Hillsdale Lake, KS

VaGent

#41 Post by VaGent » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:18 am

Glad to be of help. I've gotten a LOT of great ideas from other peoples rebuilds too. I guess that is why pictures are so important. :pics They say a picture is worth a thousand words & in my case they have told me a lot. I've been able to not only figure HOW I needed to something but also how to "modify" it so it worked better for me.
1993 24' Voyager 2006 E-TECH 90-Fishing Barge
1984 24' JC 2011 E-TECH 90-Family Cruiser
2010 Silverado LT Quad Cab 5.3 Vortex

ezrollin

#42 Post by ezrollin » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:26 pm

I bought from pontoonstuff and was a member until they ask everyone to re-register.I didn't because I felt one of the mods was a little too "tight".I don't have any problem with a family friendly site.

fergusmj

#43 Post by fergusmj » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:56 pm

going to bring up an old thread to give props to pontoonstuff.com. I got some Christmas gifts and one of the seat pedestal adjustment knobs was stripped and wouldn't tighten. I emailed them on friday and had a replacement delivered the next day! I'm about 2 1/2 hours away, but I'm assuming they expedited. This was also on Jan 3rd (friday), 2014 and they were supposed to be shutdown until January 6th (Monday). I received on the 4th.

Awesome service!!!!!

quality of the items from them seems great too!
Ferg's Tritoon Build
[url]http://www.pontoonforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=17012[/url]

ToonGuy

#44 Post by ToonGuy » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:39 pm

ezrollin wrote:I bought from pontoonstuff and was a member until they ask everyone to re-register.I didn't because I felt one of the mods was a little too "tight".I don't have any problem with a family friendly site.

Just in case you missed the post by Jim Myers, owner of PontoonStuff, you might like to know that the person you are speaking of is no longer associated with PontoonStuff. Check out the forum again, it's run much differently now.
Just one boat...after another, after another :-)