pontoon versus deckboat

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

OldePharte

Re: pontoon versus deckboat

#16 Post by OldePharte » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:14 pm

We have a Hurricane 240 Midships, a deck boat. For 15 years it worked great for our area of the lake. But now it can not handle the 3 to 4 foot wakes of the big cruisers plowing through the water and it pounds like a mother. The flat hull area up front is great when anchored out and handles regular chop just fine.

We are now trying to sell it and go to a triple log pontoon, 26 feet long. Riding on my neighbor's boat, I know that they ride well enough for out lake area conditions.

So, you really need to know how a potential new to you boat will handle your roughest lake conditions.
'09 Neptoon Sport 25TT SunLounger w/150 Honda

What happens at the lake stays at the lake. Unless I have my camera handy.

WaltF

#17 Post by WaltF » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:46 pm

Everytime i see you, youre sitting at that damn desk and working, OldePharte.
You need a beer!!
:lala
--------------------
ImageImageImage
--------------------
'07 22 ft SunTracker Regency 135hp i/o
'02 Dodge 2500, Edge Juice w/Attitude
Colorado Springs, CO.

curtiscapk

#18 Post by curtiscapk » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:54 pm

I believe oldepharte's days at that desk are about over. A little birdie told me he is retiring down to the lake and tooning every damn day!! :drunks
Craig and Paula
"THE FLOATER" rebuild Spring 2013
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15328
94 Party Barge 24' 115 merc
Turning Point hustler 14 x 13 prop
22mph gps 3 people
12 F150
Overland Park Ks
Hillsdale Lake, KS

OldePharte

#19 Post by OldePharte » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:16 pm

My avatar is a photo of my last day of regular work (May 1, 2008). Yep, they stripped everything out, leaving me with a trash can to sit on (rather fitting) and a single floppy disk. The funny part is that our work computers didn't even have a floppy drive.

If this friggin' economy ever gets turned around, or at least the credit market, then we sell the city house and move to the lake full time.
Last edited by OldePharte on Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

wwind3

#20 Post by wwind3 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:55 am

OldePharte wrote:My avatar is a photo of my last day of regular work (May 1, 2008). Yep, the stripped everything out, leaving me with a trash can to sit on (rather fitting) and a single floppy disk. The funny part is that our work computers didn't even have a floppy drive.

If this friggin' economy ever gets turned around, or at least the credit market, then we sell the city house and move to the lake full time.

Get out there soon our friend---we are all running out of sunsets...
2009 LOWE SS204 25in logs
90 Merc Optimax
Motorguide W55 Wireless
Underskinning
28 GPS

OldePharte

#21 Post by OldePharte » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:32 am

wwind3 wrote:
OldePharte wrote:My avatar is a photo of my last day of regular work (May 1, 2008). Yep, the stripped everything out, leaving me with a trash can to sit on (rather fitting) and a single floppy disk. The funny part is that our work computers didn't even have a floppy drive.

Get out there soon our friend---we are all running out of sunsets...
Ya, I hear ya. The Bosslady is fighting breast cancer and we decided that we needed to get retired and leave the real world. She still works 4 days a week and is doing fine after rounds of chemo and radiation.

So I decided to retire, sell out and make the move. Then the whole economic mess and my 401(k) tanking to a 201(k) has slowed the process down. Between SS, my corporate retirement, and the Bosslady working, we aren't hurting by any stretch. That and a part time job at the lake means, that at least I get to spent a week a month at the lake.

We hope that by Spring, houses will be selling again.

The sad part is that our lake neighbor is a 92 year old widow. We had hoped that we would have moved by last fall so we could keep an eye on her. Last week she fell down her stairs and broke her sternum. So her family has to take turns staying with her until she up and about on her own again. She is a very independent woman. A couple of years ago, she fell down the same set of stairs and broke her back. She drove herself 50 miles to her doctor. The woman never complains about anything.

In the meantime, I decided to sell my deckboat on Craigslist and make the move to a tri-toon. I looked at several at the local boat show and damn. The one I really had my eye on, a G3 26DC, cost twice as much as the Bosslady's loaded '08 V-8 Fusion four door. Oh Well.

I did however learn that my boat wouldn't be good for a trade in, age and being a funky looking boat. I had to help one dealer find it in the NADA listings. From the boat listing, I got my first and only scam after years of selling stuff. The one where the guy is too busy to see it, but will arrange his financier to send the money, if I send him all my information. I do have a couple of serious people interested and with any luck I'll have it sold by the end of the month.

Ya all take care.

curtiscapk

#22 Post by curtiscapk » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:44 am

Sorry to hear about your wife Oldepharte, sounds like she is doing okay though. Maybe we'll see each other before you leave.
Craig and Paula
"THE FLOATER" rebuild Spring 2013
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15328
94 Party Barge 24' 115 merc
Turning Point hustler 14 x 13 prop
22mph gps 3 people
12 F150
Overland Park Ks
Hillsdale Lake, KS

dockholiday

#23 Post by dockholiday » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:01 pm