Re: Whats the name of your Toon?

#31 Post by fishnboy » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:13 pm

call mine the toon..28ft weeres

EGlideRider

#32 Post by EGlideRider » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:01 am

HandymanHerb wrote:
EGlideRider wrote:Sassie Vassie
Welcome now you need to fill us in on what your floating on, what size engine, and we love pictures
Just bought an 09 24' Bentley with 115hp. I downsized from the 32' Party Cruiser. As with my previous Party Hut and Party Cruiser, I have permanently enclosed the rear and have sunbrella on the front. When I get decals on the enclosure, I'll post pictures.

badmoonrising
Site Admin

#33 Post by badmoonrising » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:25 am

Welcome ! What year Party Cruiser ? Any pics of the rear enclosure ? I am thinking of extending the cabin roof over the stern sleeper on my '06 PC.
Ed, Cheryl, Ethan and Aspen.
2013 Sun Tracker Party Barge 22 w/90 HP Mercury, "Hellrhighwater 2"
2014 E-350 Extended XLT.
Chesapeake City ,MD

EGlideRider

#34 Post by EGlideRider » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:05 pm

I couldn't figure out how to post pictures here or in a PM to you. If you will PM me with your email address, I'll send you pictures. Or explain how to do so here.

The one I just sold was a 2000 with the 115 2 stroke. I framed the rear with 1" square aluminum tubing for the sides and 2" tubing for the top. I used horizontal sliding windows for the rear and sides. I used lexan to bend around the rear corners. 3/4" marine plywood on the top covered in the same rubber roofing as the original enclosure. I used the original rear bimini frame to make a top rail to match the existing rail. I also had an RV escape hatch to get access to the roof.

I also gutting the inside, built all new cabinets and counters and added an LP stove top, hot water heater with shower, generator, refridgerator, microwave and of course TV with amplified antenna.

I also added a smartpilot autopilot.

I also have some pictures of my 93 Party Hut I enclosed and as stated earlier, I'll post pictures of my enclosed Bentley when I get my decals on.

mike
Site Owner

#35 Post by mike » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:50 pm

EGlideRider wrote:I couldn't figure out how to post pictures here or in a PM to you. If you will PM me with your email address, I'll send you pictures. Or explain how to do so here.

The one I just sold was a 2000 with the 115 2 stroke. I framed the rear with 1" square aluminum tubing for the sides and 2" tubing for the top. I used horizontal sliding windows for the rear and sides. I used lexan to bend around the rear corners. 3/4" marine plywood on the top covered in the same rubber roofing as the original enclosure. I used the original rear bimini frame to make a top rail to match the existing rail. I also had an RV escape hatch to get access to the roof.

I also gutting the inside, built all new cabinets and counters and added an LP stove top, hot water heater with shower, generator, refridgerator, microwave and of course TV with amplified antenna.

I also added a smartpilot autopilot.

I also have some pictures of my 93 Party Hut I enclosed and as stated earlier, I'll post pictures of my enclosed Bentley when I get my decals on.
Wow, I cant wait to see these pics... Sounds like a NICE setup on the one you just sold! Why did you sell it?
1999 Voyager 21' Express Fish triple toon 115hp Mercury (SOLD)
2004 Ford F150 SuperCrew
Boise Idaho

EGlideRider

#36 Post by EGlideRider » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:05 pm

The wife and I had not camped on her in nearly a year. Plus she was 9 years old with over 700 hours on her. She would soon need of new carpet, curtains and paint and I just didn't want to put that effort and money into the refurbishing.

Would you believe I sold it on boat trader online to a 96 year old man 800 miles away? He lived on a bayou in Louisianna and wanted it to just sit on and watch TV. However, his kids and caretakers do take him out occasionaly. I talked with him recently and he is still like a kid with a new toy.

The wife and I can still do an overnighter on my enclosed 2009 24' Bentley and that works fine for us.

kyle01

#37 Post by kyle01 » Wed May 27, 2009 2:11 pm

ha... some funny names. i tried to give it a more family-friendly name, but somehow
"POON-TOON" stuck... literally now, as a friend had a die-cut decal made for the rear end of her.

OldePharte

#38 Post by OldePharte » Wed May 27, 2009 4:52 pm

When the Bosslady took a look at the front gate she named it

The Joker
'09 Neptoon Sport 25TT SunLounger w/150 Honda

What happens at the lake stays at the lake. Unless I have my camera handy.

tkrein

#39 Post by tkrein » Thu May 28, 2009 6:55 am

we just call ours "The Bennington" the last boat we had called her "the money pit" as we were always fixn' something on that thing. from the motor to the seats man glad to have a toon. anouther name my wife called it was the piece of shit i told her that offended the boat and that day we ended up swimmining it back to shore funny i did like that boat it got us on the water and could go 55 up the missouri but it got to be to small for us now I am so happey we got the toon
2017 Bennington 22ssrx
115 Yamaha
karavan Trailer
2014 Chev tahoe

Phil in SoCal

#40 Post by Phil in SoCal » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:13 pm

Going from a high performance deck boat to the toon I decided to name it "Are We There Yet?"

CheaperThanKids

#41 Post by CheaperThanKids » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:57 pm

Cheaper Than Kids
Attachments
boat_name_pic.jpg
boat_name_pic.jpg (83.01 KiB) Viewed 3282 times
Cheaper Than Kids
'96 JC Tritoon 24'
115 hp Evinrude
Full Camping Enclosure
Three Rivers
Pittsburgh, PA

dockholiday

#42 Post by dockholiday » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:23 pm

Like the name if you have some kids later you could change the name to Spending the kids inheritance.......Oh by the way WELCOME

diggerof

#43 Post by diggerof » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:09 pm

We are looking for a name: We have narrowed it down to:

Punchbuggy (remember that game) kids came up with that.

Red Neck's Yacht

Don't Ask

Sun of a Bushwacker

Some Beach, Some Where

We named our camper "The Sugar Shack" We thought the boat should be named:
The Creamer Dreamer or The Loney Toon.

Any votes on any of these ????

badmoonrising
Site Admin

#44 Post by badmoonrising » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:51 am

CheaperThanKids wrote:Cheaper Than Kids

Love it :tofunny Yep, boat ownership IS cheaper than kids, which makes it even funnier.
Ed, Cheryl, Ethan and Aspen.
2013 Sun Tracker Party Barge 22 w/90 HP Mercury, "Hellrhighwater 2"
2014 E-350 Extended XLT.
Chesapeake City ,MD

Thummper3

#45 Post by Thummper3 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:21 pm

My 2008 Starcraft Majestic is called "the Majestic Pearl". Wish I could find a ski tow bar for her!!!! :usa