How was everyone's boating season?

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

mobldj

Re: How was everyone's boating season?

#16 Post by mobldj » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:04 pm

boated more than ever,put the 31 ft travel trailer and the toon on the river at our space from may to end of august.great time with friends and family 3 weekends a month.reservations for the same in 2016!

2014 Excursion x23c
150 merc

Bryden24shp

#17 Post by Bryden24shp » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:04 pm

Way too short. Put in over 400 hours of overtime in at the plant. Had a lot of flooding in the spring. Then a few vacations in prime boating weather, without the boat. A trip to California and 2 to Michigan City, Indiana. Next year is gong to be a boating year for us. Taking the boat to Michigan City for the Offshore Gran Prix, Lake of the Ozarks and trying to plan a trip to Key West, but that will be one hell of a pull. Hope the new Manitou is ready for some heavy duty use. Its gonna be all over the place, on some big water!
If I don't sell the Premier, I'll have to have the wife tag along in it... :scared
Owner-EzFender Boat Products
Members, visit your discount page at:
http://www.ezfender.com/PontoonForums-M ... -Page.html

Soonertoon

#18 Post by Soonertoon » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:28 pm

This year got a late start. Oklahoma was hammered with record rains from May thru end of June. 9 weeks straight. 27 feet above normal on Fort Gibson . Memorial Day was a scratch for sure. Lake was cut in half as the water was 4 ft below bridge deck and lake full of floating disasters. By July 4 th , lake was still at 25 ft above. Currents everywhere as they were parking water downstream as fast as they could which has it's own challenges. Spent 3 day weekend on the lake and considering all the challenges , it was a good late start. Late July and all of August was lake heaven. No winds , hot weather, glass water and we tried like hell to make up for the spring washout. Think we went every weekend for at least a day from third week in July thru Labor Day. A lot of great family fun for sure.
Now that school, high school football ( Union)and Sooner football has gotten into full swing the lake days are numbered for sure. Hope to get out at least one more time in October before it gets too cool to really enjoy flip flops and shorts on the water, much less get into it. Will probably winterized her and get her mummy wrapped on the lift by early November. Great times this summer and can't wait till next season!
Broken Arrow Ok
2014 G3 Suncatcher
115 Yamaha 4 stroke
Paradise Cove Marina on Ft. Gibson Lake

Spoiledrotten

#19 Post by Spoiledrotten » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:15 am

Still going on. I'm in the South. :D
[b][i]Randy and Kelly
Brandon, MS
2015 Bennington SXL 20
2015 Yamaha F90
TOONAFUN [/i][/b]

Bryden24shp

#20 Post by Bryden24shp » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:01 am

Spoiledrotten wrote:Still going on. I'm in the South. :D
Brat!!!
Owner-EzFender Boat Products
Members, visit your discount page at:
http://www.ezfender.com/PontoonForums-M ... -Page.html

Bamaman

#21 Post by Bamaman » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:17 am

ron nh wrote:We had drought all summer,I couldn't get on some smaller lakes and rivers often. I had less than 1" of rain since july in my town, then got 5" yesterday. My fish finder reads 88hrs so my motor probably got 40?
Hang on! It looks like you'll be getting your year's supply of water within a few days.

I'm very fortunate to have stable water levels every day of every year--up and down maybe 18". We still didn't have time to haul the Bennington to Chattanooga for our one way/one night away 200 mile cruise home. I'm going to do that next year FOR SURE!
'12 Bennington 24' SSLX Yamaha 150

ron nh

#22 Post by ron nh » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:25 am

Bamaman wrote:
ron nh wrote:We had drought all summer,I couldn't get on some smaller lakes and rivers often. I had less than 1" of rain since july in my town, then got 5" yesterday. My fish finder reads 88hrs so my motor probably got 40?
Hang on! It looks like you'll be getting your year's supply of water within a few days.

I'm very fortunate to have stable water levels every day of every year--up and down maybe 18". We still didn't have time to haul the Bennington to Chattanooga for our one way/one night away 200 mile cruise home. I'm going to do that next year FOR SURE!
Yep, Its coming.
2015 Qwest LS 818XRE Tri-toon w/mercury 115.

Tlowry

#23 Post by Tlowry » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:54 am

Only been to the lake twice this year. Next trip up, going to pull the boat back home for some customizing projects for the winter.

Nice thing about the end of boating season for me... Riding season starts. Image Image
2014 Sun Tracker Fishin Barge 22 DLX w/ 2014 Merc 90 FS
1984 Mon Ark 20 w/ 2000 Merc 50 FS Bigfoot (now belongs to nephew)

[url=https://soundcloud.com/tom-lowry-1][u]Couple Tunes[/u][/url]

[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/14121089@N06/][u]Some Pictures[/u][/url]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v249/DesertSkies/toonahfish_zpsb114cedf.jpg[/img]

Strake

#24 Post by Strake » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:01 pm

Got 67 hours on SO FAR...... still have a few more times out. Lost the last 2 weeks to rain. 3 weeks ago, our lake was down nearly 3 feet. After getting a week of much needed rain, it was back to "Full"..... then we got another week of rain with the hurricane pumping in rain to the southeast and mid atlantic.

This was our first year with a TriToon, having traded in our 26 Ft SeaRay SLX 250 last fall...... Really enjoy this for so many reasons, and it turned into the de facto, go to boat for rides this season.
"Strake"
Richard and Angie
Smith Mountain Lake, VA
2015 Berkshire 233 RFX STS
Yamaha F200 LB

Cowracer

#25 Post by Cowracer » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:20 am

Not as much use as I would have liked, but they were QUALITY times. My brother and his wife came in from SoCal for my sons wedding, and we went out and just floated around for a bit. Got caught in one of the hardest/coldest rains I have ever experienced in my life. Damn near got stuck on the wrong side of the lake due to water over the roads, but I broke my cardinal rule of driving thru running water to get out. Another 10 minutes, and I would have been stuck there all night. Going down this weekend to put her to bed for the winter. If it is as nice as last trip last year, I might just take it out for a putt.

Biggest problem was rain that pretty much washed out the season till late July, and I got pretty busy working on building my cabin. (Details on my project blog, see link in signature)

Hopefully, next year will allow more use.

Tim
2001 Bennington 2575 RL with a 125 Mercury -"Pussy Control"

2002 Ford Excursion 7.3 PSD (slightly more than 125HP)

2009 Harley-Davidson Street Glide

2014 Rockwood Roo 21SSL Camper

My Project Pages: [url]http://cowracer.blogspot.com/[/url]

NonHyphenAmerican

#26 Post by NonHyphenAmerican » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:40 pm

Last day out on the lake today.

62 degrees, no more than a 5mph breeze, and sunny.

Caught one small channel cat, but enjoyed the heck out of the day and also enjoyed chasing the Admiral a couple of laps around the boat! :roll:

Told the Marina guy to go ahead and pull the boat next week.

They'll pressure wash it clean, change the lower unit oil, change the motor oil and filter, change the fuel filter and stabilize the fuel.

All I'll have to do is top off the fuel tank and back it into my "Toy Box".

I'll pull everything out of all the compartments, make sure everything is clean and dry and then it'll be ready for next spring.

Made it to the lake a total of 82 times this year.

All in all, a great season.
[color=#FF0000][b]22' G3 SunCatcher V22F
Yamaha F-90
Tooning on El Dorado Reservoir[/b][/color]

BobG

#27 Post by BobG » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:04 pm

I just realized that this year alone, I put more than 380 hours and 2,400 miles on the boat.
Next year, we're going to start a month earlier (April) at Pueblo Reservoir, then haul her down US 50 to Blue Mesa on May 1st.
2012 Tahoe 24' Fish-n-Fun Tritoon, with Mercury 115 HP 4-Stroke
"Trine SS Cape" (Trying 2S Cape)
Add a battery: viewtopic.php?t=13546&p=105893#p105893
I'm not a liberal, but I play one on this site.