New Boat and Shark Hide

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

kytoon14

Re: New Boat and Shark Hide

#16 Post by kytoon14 » Mon May 09, 2016 7:25 am

Brad,

I did go ahead and have them do the sharkhide on the toons. The dealer came down to what seemed like a pretty fair price, so I thought it would be pretty stupid to buy a new boat and then cheap out on covering the toons. I'm really happy with how it came out. It's not a mirror finish, but you can see the water instantly bead up on the toons.
2016 Avalon 2785QL Windjammer
2016 GMC Denali 1500

Strake

#17 Post by Strake » Mon May 09, 2016 8:05 am

As one who went the acid wash, and Sharkhide seal AFTER 1 year's use on a new Berkshire, I only WISH I had the dealer Sharkhide the boat BEFORE it ever saw the water....... even in our very clean lake, and the fact that we lift our boat in a covered boat house after every use, it still went to hell in a year. I was really surprised how quickly it tarnished and oxidized.

Boat looks fine now, with the evenly colored, silver/white-ish look with Sharkhide protection.... BUT would have been a lot better to do it from the beginning.

Sharkhide has a set up with Bennington factory to offer their boats Sharkhide protected as a factory option, and our local Smith Mountain Lake Bennington dealer orders all his boats that way now. When I spoke with the "owner" of Sharkhide a year ago, I suggested he start knocking on all the other manufacturer's doors too.
"Strake"
Richard and Angie
Smith Mountain Lake, VA
2015 Berkshire 233 RFX STS
Yamaha F200 LB

bradm

#18 Post by bradm » Tue May 10, 2016 5:17 pm

Thanks for the info Kytoon and Strake.

Looks like some quality work time on the boat before we get to play. I don't want to get the new boat and be sorry for not protecting toons up front. Unfortunately my dealer does not do the Shark hide. Probably would not work taking to Kytoons dealer to try and get mine done lol.

Thanks,
Brad
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Brad M.
2019 Manitou Legacy with 350 Suzuki
2016 South Bay 523 Arch. 250 Suzuki SS (sold)