My Simonized 90-115+ Findings

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

slingshot

Re: My Simonized 90-115+ Findings

#16 Post by slingshot » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:09 pm

BoatCop wrote:
slingshot wrote:Like someone said, that 4 blade is a cleaver or surface prop. I too doubt you'll get good results. Simonizing pontoon props is a bad idea. You'll just get a bunch of prop slip which I think you're experiencing. "Cup" the Black Max and you should get better results. Good luck.
Simonizing is a slang term for having the engine ECU flashed to obtain maximum horsepower. To save production costs, many engine manufacturers offer a variety of HP working off the same engine platform. eg bore, stroke, displacement, etc. For example, the Mercury 4 stroke 75, 90, and 115 and identical engines, except for the ECU. By changing timing, fuel injection and, in the larger supercharged engines like the Mercury Verado, boost pressure, they can regulate HP, without changing mechanical features.

It has nothing to do with the prop, except that a different prop may be required to take maximum advantage of the increased HP. Simon Motorsports in San Diego is one of the main companies to do this. Hence the term "Simonize".
LOL. My bad, just looked it up on the web. You may still want to look into cupping your prop. It'll drop your rpms by 200 and you'll get ride of that slip your getting. I did it to my prop and is solved all my issues, both prop slip and blowout during cornering.
2007, 2570 Crest LE II
Yamaha F150

Bryden24shp

Re: My Simonized 90-115+ Findings

#17 Post by Bryden24shp » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:05 am

My wife calls everything I do... Bryanizing! I can see a Simon pounding on a prop! :biggrin2
Owner-EzFender Boat Products
Members, visit your discount page at:
http://www.ezfender.com/PontoonForums-M ... -Page.html