About to purchase New Harris Tritoon / 1st boat ever

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

OCBray

Re: About to purchase New Harris Tritoon / 1st boat ever

#31 Post by OCBray » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:11 pm

Just curious. Has anyone ever ordered and installed a second Bimini from Harris? I am assuming you would have to replace the original top in order to attach them together. Cost?

zoom650

#32 Post by zoom650 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:38 pm

<snip> .. Just curious. Has anyone ever ordered and installed a second Bimini from Harris? I am assuming you would have to replace the original top in order to attach them together. Cost? .. <snip>
===================

I factory ordered the dual bimini with mine. The forward bimini does not stand free and must be zipped to the rear bimini. Once zipped, both are very secure.

If you ordered just the bow bimini, I don't think it would be a big deal for a decent canvas shop to install a zipper on the stern bimini. The Harris biminis easily zip on and off their frames.
Michael and Laura
'12 Ford F150 Lariat SuperCrew Ecoboost
'14 Harris Solstice 220, P3 tritoon, Mercury Verado 150, Enertia 14p.
prior boat: '02 Century 2600CC, twin Yamaha EFI 200's, full instruments.

suzukipro

#33 Post by suzukipro » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:10 pm

Just an update on my situation, looks like I might be able to get a Solstice 220 with the SL floor plan running a Merc 150 4-stroke if the dealer will part with it in my "situation". My other option is to wait until the 2018's are available for order and then I can get a 230 Grand Mariner outfitted to my liking which was the original plan until Harris sold out all of their 2017's.

I really was looking forward to being on the water this year, so if the 220 Solstice is available I'll likely go for it. I'm off to a later start now and hope things work out, but being in WI I should still have some time.

Good to see Pontoons are selling so well, it sounds like most of the manufacturers have sold out their new model years to dealers/customers.

ron nh

#34 Post by ron nh » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:27 am

That's ridiculous that you can't get what you want built in March. Apparently there printing money at this point. Being the prick I am, I would just buy something else even though that is a nice boat.
2015 Qwest LS 818XRE Tri-toon w/mercury 115.

mpilot

#35 Post by mpilot » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:19 pm

Harris and Cypress cay had some issues with quality control and longer than quoted lead times so they backed off on production a little this year. From what I have heard, if you can find a dealer with a manufacturing slot for the right model you can make changes like layout, otions, etc as long as they haven't started the build out to get everything ready to go to the production line. I might call some other dealers to see if they have anything like this. The new models come out around June so you might could order one of those soon.
Last edited by mpilot on Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

suzukipro

#36 Post by suzukipro » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:36 am

The dealer is going to let me take a look at a 2017 220 Solstice tomorrow, it also has the SL floor plan which is what I was wanted on the Grand Mariner 230 I can't get. Apparently the boat shows are going very well and sales are way up compared to last year. I really hope I like 220 works from a size perspective and we can strike a deal, because waiting another year to get what I want is not an ideal situation... :nono

Eddy from Arkansas

#37 Post by Eddy from Arkansas » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:06 am

Nice of the dealer to "let " you take a look at a 60K boat!!
2016 Veranda V22RFL
250hp Mercury Verado Pro

suzukipro

#38 Post by suzukipro » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:34 pm

[quote="Eddy from Arkansas"]Nice of the dealer to "let " you take a look at a 60K boat!![/quote]

By "let me" they removed the shrink wrap as spring hadn't sprung in our neck of the woods quite yet. Looks like I'll have to settle for something close to what I want or wait until next year to get on the water by ordering a 2018 this Aug.

At this point it looks like my best option is to wait and get what I want, but it's very disappointing to sit out another WI boating season...

suzukipro

#39 Post by suzukipro » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:19 am

I know this thread is a bit old, but I'll finally be able to place an order for a Harris tritoon now that the 2018 model year is available. After a bunch of time to look at options, but unable to purchase what we wanted we are going with the Solstice 220 with a 150 Merc out back. Unfortunately it is unlikely we'll be able to enjoy the boat until next season with the WI boating season likely to be over before we take delivery. Anyone else make a late season purchase and have experience with storage fees if we wait until spring to pick it / drop it in the water. I'm also unsure if I should get a trailer for it as I plan on keeping it parked in the water throughout the boating season and likely stored at a dealer that will be accessible from the water.

Kramfam

#40 Post by Kramfam » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:59 am

I purchased my toon in the dead of winter and had them throw the storage in for free...they should be fine with that. The trailer is up to you. After years of owning a trailer with my runabouts, I opted for no trailer with the toon. I have a place a few blocks from the lake so the boat is in a slip all summer and I have no desire to boat at other lakes. The guy who winterizes and stores my boat puts it in and takes it out for free. Saves me from having to find a place to store the trailer.

If you ever plan on going to other lakes than Winnebago, the trailer is a must.
2014 Sylvan Mirage Cruise 8524
27" RPT tubes w/underskinning
2014 115hp Mercury 4 stroke
Previous: 2004 Four Winns 22' Horizon, 270hp

PQ29

#41 Post by PQ29 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:05 pm

I'm going to be ordering a harris in the next couple months. What % off was everyone able to haggle off of MSRP? Do you think i will get a better deal ordering at the boat show in the middle of January oppose to ordering October or november?

Sorry to hyjack