Our New 24' Bennington Purchase Details...

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Vikingstaff

Our New 24' Bennington Purchase Details...

#1 Post by Vikingstaff » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:00 am

Hello Everyone. We are just waiting for ice to melt, and spring to roll into Northern Michigan so we can put our new 2017 Bennington in the water. Maybe there is a thread for posting new boat orders, but I didn't catch it. I thought I would post my specs now, and pictures when the boat is in the water in the spring.

We are excited to be getting our first boat, and getting one that we think will serve all our long term needs - and be great when we have company up to our cottage!

Specific Boat Specs On Our 2017 Boat Order:

24' S-series premium package (with all the associated upgrades) with the swing back layout and extended aft deck

Blackout edition (with all associated aesthetic upgrades)

Smokey granite panels, with black accent

Swingback stainless steel railkeeper

SPS tritoon package (with all the associated features)

200hp Mercury Verado Engine, Mercury Verado DTS with power steering

Rough water package, lifting strakes, sharkskin clearcoat finish on tubes

Heavy duty rub rails, black rub rail insert, and under body wave shield

Stainless steel housing LED dock lights, bow and aft pop up stainless steel cleats and stainless steel corner protectors

Dual Battery and switches

Simrad GPS G05

Kicker KMC10, Swingback stern lighted speaker and grill upgrade, swingback stereo remote, RGB lighted kicker speakers

RGB lighting and switch panel, RGB toe, cup holder, and exterior side illumination/lighting

Bimini top electric curved with white ice LED lighting, midnight black canvas

Pillow diamond pressed upholstery, Napa beige with Tuscan dune accents, and beige seagrass flooring

Elevated helm with G series reclining captains chair, steering wheel upgrade with piano black accents

Giant turbo swing, in floor storage, gray wood interior trims and aft rectanglular table

Bow gate seat, 3 additional portable cup holders

My wife, family and friends, with upgraded sunshine and clear water package ;)

There is a fair amount of other upgrades I have not listed that are part of the SPS package, blackout package, and premium upgrade package.

Probably the only thing I really would like, but wasn't able to get on the Bennington (as it would have been on some other manufacturers in this price range) would be a larger fuel tank. That would be really nice, but I'd have to go up to a totally different and more expensive package for that in a Bennington, or switch to a different manufacturer. Sigh...

Practically the only option we didn't add in was getting an actual R or G-series with an ESP package and a 250-300 hp Mercury. Those fine boats and motors were getting out of our price range - at least with us adding in all of these shiny accessories and upgrades. ;-)
Vikingstaff
Houghton Lake, Michigan
Bennington 24' SSBXP

ron nh

Re: Our New 24' Bennington Purchase Details...

#2 Post by ron nh » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:27 am

NICE! can't wait to see the pic's.
2015 Qwest LS 818XRE Tri-toon w/mercury 115.

captain28570

#3 Post by captain28570 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:32 pm

That's why I didn't get a Bennington because of such a small fuel tank on the performance packages. All other brands have 40 plus gallons. Benn is 30 I was told. Just can't figure out why on earth they can't get over a 40 gallon tank when everybody else tritoon is over 40.

With a 200 hp motor burning 7 to 8 gallons at minuimum at cruising speed that leaves you around 3 hours cruising then you will need fuel. 250 or 300 will be really limited on range.

Sounds like a great boat. Enjoy it.
2017 22 Manitou Aurora LE SHP Tritoon Evinrude G2 HO 150

JoeB14

#4 Post by JoeB14 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:44 pm

Sounds like a sweet build. Congrats.
2016 Tahoe 2485 LTZ Tritoon, 150 HP Honda
2015 Ford Expedition 4x4

Pat

#5 Post by Pat » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:09 pm

This sounds like a beautiful boat and we can't wait for the pics. If it's not too much to ask, what does Bennington charge for the bow gate seat?

(We're currently waiting on delivery of our new Sylvan and they quoted $900++ for theirs.) Seemed a little heavy for what it is but, since I have no perspective, it would be great to know what other mfrs are charging for it.

Pat

Bryden24shp

#6 Post by Bryden24shp » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:33 pm

[quote="Pat"](We're currently waiting on delivery of our new Sylvan and they quoted $900++ for theirs.)
Pat[/quote]

That's a lot more than Premier charges. Like double... I thought $380 for the Premmies was highway robbery for how its made! Might have $75.00 worth of material in them. I think list on the Manitou's was around $600.
Owner-EzFender Boat Products
Members, visit your discount page at:
http://www.ezfender.com/PontoonForums-M ... -Page.html

Vikingstaff

#7 Post by Vikingstaff » Wed May 17, 2017 6:32 pm

[quote="Pat"]This sounds like a beautiful boat and we can't wait for the pics. If it's not too much to ask, what does Bennington charge for the bow gate seat?

Pat[/quote]

Currently on the Bennington boat builder for a S-Series boat such as ours, it's listed at $641.

Now if you consider that is the MSRP, and you take off approx. 20% for negotiating downward, that leaves you in the $520 range if ordering and negotiating.
Vikingstaff
Houghton Lake, Michigan
Bennington 24' SSBXP

ROLAND

#8 Post by ROLAND » Fri May 19, 2017 1:55 am

Vikingstaff... hey man, congratulatons on the new benny... sounds like you put together a heck of a boat. You and your families should get many good years of service out of her... and like others on here have said, make sure you post some pics when you have a few minutes.. can't wait to see them. What size fuel tank is on your boat? My benny is also an S series in a 20 foot fishing rig. The fuel tank on mine is 24 gallons. But my boat only has a 75 on the back and it sips gas.. truthfully on an average summer I only use one or maybe 2 tanks of fuel all season.. I expect that will go up now that I am retired... again congrats on the new toon and don't forget those pics.
Roland & Jo
2010 Bennington 20 Sfi
Yamaha 75 4 Stroke
Shreveport, Louisiana

Vikingstaff

#9 Post by Vikingstaff » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:06 pm

[quote="ROLAND"]What size fuel tank is on your boat? My benny is also an S series in a 20 foot fishing rig. The fuel tank on mine is 24 gallons. But my boat only has a 75 on the back and it sips gas... again congrats on the new toon and don't forget those pics.[/quote]

It has a 34 gallon tank. With my 200 Mercury Verado Pro, it does not sip gas if I hammer it at all. It's better if we just leisurely cruise around, but lets face it...I hammer it now and then. :biggrin2

We initially were not pleased with speed and rpm performance, but after doing some prop and engine trim level experimentation, we have dialed it in. Now, with a different prop, we are getting the medium and top end performance we had hoped for.

I will try to post some pictures next. We took deliver just before Memorial Day once our dock and lift were put in. I have pictures, next goal is to post them.
Vikingstaff
Houghton Lake, Michigan
Bennington 24' SSBXP

H8Monday

#10 Post by H8Monday » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:28 pm

What did you settle on for a prop and engine height??