Question about Mercury 50HP Outboard 4 Stroke EFI / Bigfoot

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

jjohnso5

Question about Mercury 50HP Outboard 4 Stroke EFI / Bigfoot

#1 Post by jjohnso5 » Fri May 26, 2017 8:33 am

This is my first post. I just bought an 08 Bentley this week, and am excited to get out on the lake with it. As with any other boat, as soon as I handed over the check, and parked it in my slip, a problem emerged. After a bunch of research, I found that my problem is with the fuel connection at the bottom of the fuel cooler. It has a small hard plastic spring loaded connection. This connection is leaking fuel. My question is... to hold me over for the holiday weekend, can I cut that fancy end off, and just put a hose clamp on that fuel line? The earliest I can get that part is 6 days, and I really wanted to get out on the lake this weekend (we have a bunch of family in town for the long weekend. Any advice you can provide is appreciated. Thanks!

r&s20

Re: Question about Mercury 50HP Outboard 4 Stroke EFI / Bigfoot

#2 Post by r&s20 » Fri May 26, 2017 5:25 pm

i don't know anything about your setup, nut if it is a steel line it hooks to i would do it i would try to double clamp it
if it ain't broke-it ain't ours
94 smokercraft 20ft 90hp johnson
fish and cruise
I am not ADULT SUPERVISION !

Bamaman

#3 Post by Bamaman » Fri May 26, 2017 6:15 pm

I too don't know what your setup is, and don't know what a fuel cooler is. But if you're talking about having a OEM fuel hookup to a fuel tank, the parts are available, as are fuel lines, at Walmart.

Clamps do work on fuel lines.
'12 Bennington 24' SSLX Yamaha 150

mpilot

#4 Post by mpilot » Fri May 26, 2017 9:03 pm

If its the black clip they probably have it in stock at Wal-Mart. If it is the connector I'm thinking of I don't know if it would work clamped.