Wife said, I think we should buy the new motor!

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

yardbird

Wife said, I think we should buy the new motor!

#1 Post by yardbird » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:11 am

Woo-hoo!

Not the big power up that some of you guys can do, but going to swap out a 21 year old 30hp Nissan 2 stroke for a new Tohatsu 40hp 4 stroke.

I know I'm replacing the transom when we take it out of the water for the season so the 4-stroke won't get used until spring, but...

Also going to buy a new console (the small one) from pontoonstuff. And the drop down "changing room". And possibly new bimini fabric.

Likely going to get new switches to install in the new console (the current ones work, but they're kinda beat up) and a couple of courtesy lights. I think I can reuse my existing steering rig, but... I don't know.

OH! And going to get a Luggable Loo to have some kind of potty on the boat. And a second 6-gallon tank to extend our range. And a handheld VHF radio to make traversing the locks easier.

Wow.... between all this and brakes on the Jaguar AND the Santa Fe... looks like we're tapping retirement accounts! :)

NonHyphenAmerican

Re: Wife said, I think we should buy the new motor!

#2 Post by NonHyphenAmerican » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:16 am

With your luggable loo, be sure to take along some kitchen trash bags as liners.

Line the Loo, use, Twist the bag to seal off the odor.

Also be sure to keep some TP in zip lock bags and a can of Wet Ones.

Women can be fussy about those things and a happy Admiral means you won't have to walk the plank.
[color=#FF0000][b]22' G3 SunCatcher V22F
Yamaha F-90
Tooning on El Dorado Reservoir[/b][/color]

yardbird

Re: Wife said, I think we should buy the new motor!

#3 Post by yardbird » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:32 pm

Hahah......yep!
Actually tested a luggable loo sorta. 5 gallon bucket, good trash can liner, 3 cups of the clumping type kitty litter.
Added 24 ounces of water. ( that would be several pees )
No free liquid in the bag. Everything absorbed. Toss in trash. Done.

I wonder how much the 2-stroke is worth.

Whatever...... gonna be a busy spring but I think these things will add to our enjoyment of the boat.