Powder Coat ponntoons?

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

teecro

Re: Powder Coat ponntoons?

#16 Post by teecro » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:23 am

[quote="PontoonNewbie2017"]... Also, has anyone had any success in getting the dealer bass pro) to discount the Regency. They seem pretty firm on their nationally advertised pricing...[/quote]

The pricing is exactly that (no haggle - no dicker) nationally advertised price... If your looking to do either you buy another brand elsewhere...
T CRO
2017 Berkshire CTS 24 RFX with Yamaha F150/Simomized 200
2015 Caravelle 16 EBo with Mercury 90

PontoonNewbie2017

#17 Post by PontoonNewbie2017 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:33 am

“If you’re looking to do either you buy another brand elsewhere”

I respectfully disagree with you. In the case of bass pro, if you want a better price, you just wait until they lower the nationally advertised price, by offering a discounted price in the form of an "end of season" promotion. No way someone in the Northeast is paying the same price for a boat in November that they would in pay in May. For example, The one I looked at a few months ago is $3000 less today than it was then, and I didn’t even have to negotiate;)

fasttoons

#18 Post by fasttoons » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:51 pm

[quote="PontoonNewbie2017"]As a salt water user I was thinking of buying my next pontoon boat with the powder coated pontoons, I know that play craft does them, and I know that Regency does them, can anyone fill me in on what other manufacturers offer powder coding as an option ?
Also, I know play craft are great boats , does anyone have any opinions on the regency line?
Thank you[/quote]
No way would I powder coat pontoons for Saltwater use. If your going to use the boat in saltwater only do some trim items in powder coating that are out of the way. One scratch and the saltwater gets under it and starts to bubble. Even in freshwater if you run the toons up on a beach it will wear off the powder coating-It looks great but u have to be very careful!

PontoonNewbie2017

#19 Post by PontoonNewbie2017 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:14 pm

I have given up on the idea of powder coated pontoons, thanks to the advice of this board. Now I just have to find the right next boat!

swmpbgy1

#20 Post by swmpbgy1 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:45 am

[quote="teecro"][quote="PontoonNewbie2017"]... Also, has anyone had any success in getting the dealer bass pro) to discount the Regency. They seem pretty firm on their nationally advertised pricing...[/quote]

The pricing is exactly that (no haggle - no dicker) nationally advertised price... If your looking to do either you buy another brand elsewhere...[/quote]

Greetings all......

When I purchased my 2017 Lowe SS210RFL from Cabela's in Bristol, VA this past March.......I negotiated the no haggle price down $4000.......Never hurts to ask.

Swmpbgy1
Swmpbgy1..........
2017 Lowe SS210 RFL, 90HP Mercury Command Thrust
Smith Mountain Lake, VA