Optional Extra Pontoon Seat

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

bg5

Optional Extra Pontoon Seat

#1 Post by bg5 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:01 am

Good Afternoon,

I am curious if any of you purchased the extra movable pontoon seats that some boats offer not that can be put in either the front, side, or rear seating arrangements. The cost for mine is $945 and I am going with a rear lounging seat arrangement which basically means that I am losing some seating. I will now have 2 captains chairs, and on both sides in the front I can comfortably seat 2 people on each side. So basically 6 comfortably in the front. My thought is if I add this extra seat I can create a U in the front which will add seating for an additional person making my front area 7.

The issue is I dont plan to have alot of people on the boat all the time but there will be sometimes where I may want additional seating. I am just wondering if anybody ever regretted or wished they had purchased the extra seat.

Any advice would be helpful.

steve1313

Re: Optional Extra Pontoon Seat

#2 Post by steve1313 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:26 pm

I thought about the extra seat when I was shopping for mine, but decided against it because I realized that in my typical usage we would sometimes want to use the front door, sometimes the side door, etc, with no real pattern to how we get on or off depending on where we dock, beach, etc. I just felt the seat would be in the way sometimes, so I decided against it.
Steve
"Serendipity" - 2017 Sweetwater 2286 WB Tritoon w/ 150HP Yamaha
Slipped at Lake Anna, Virginia
Primary Residence: Richmond, Virgina
Lake House: Lake Anna, Virginia

jafo9

#3 Post by jafo9 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:29 am

we love our "filler" seat. our is the traditional layout with 2 sofas in front and the single rear sofa with sun pad. the filler seat typically lives up front which leaves the side door (port) and the rear starboard door clear. having the wrap around seating really adds a ton of seating/lounging space and i can't imagine not having it. our also fits perfectly in the space in front of the port side door, so if i want to open up the bow area for any reason, i just move the seat to the port spot. really easy and takes all of 30 seconds. in short, i'd be hard pressed to buy a toon without it.
2003 Premier Grand Majestic 250 PTX Honda 225 OB (PTX baby!)
2002 MasterCraft X30
2007 Yamaha FX HO Cruiser
2005 Kawasaki SXR800
2004 Yamaha SuperJet
1989 Kawasaki 650sx
Lewis Smith Lake, Alabama

mrlouis

#4 Post by mrlouis » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:58 am

if you can live with the extra cost you should get it, even when they are not used they add a nice look to the interior , we love ours,
but they really stick it to their customers on the price ! they shouldn't be charging between $750. and $1,000 for a seat that should cost no more than $500. they probably only cost them $300 to make

Bamaman

#5 Post by Bamaman » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:22 pm

I have never had so many people on my boat where a front seat was required.

And if I was going to load heavy, I would be ushering people to the stern.
'12 Bennington 24' SSLX Yamaha 150

deezee

#6 Post by deezee » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:53 am

We opted for the extra seat in my Avalon and never regretted it.
2018 Avalon Tritoon with 150 Etec.