Trailer Tire Specs

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Steve7

Re: Trailer Tire Specs

#16 Post by Steve7 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:44 pm

[quote="ROLAND"]Steve... if you haven't already decided on what tire you're going to use on your trailer, you might at least give these a look. Kenda Load Star ST175/80R-13 These are an 8 ply radial with a "D" load rating of 1610 lbs. I currrently have these tires on my trailer and I haven't had any issues.. When I bought these 5 and a half years ago, it was really hard to find an ST tire that wasn't made in china and didn't have a bad reputation... I do believe these are made in China but they got very good reviews and my experience has been good also. I bought them because the original tires were rated C load and had one blow out with less than 500 miles on it... I was able to get the Kenda in D load for more weight capacity.. I'm still looking at the maxxis ( korean made I believe ) but if I can't get it in a D load then I'll go back with another set of Kenda's.. Happy New Year.[/quote]

Roland,
Yes, I am considering upgrading to a “D” load, but I need to make sure my rims can handle the psi first. As you state, manufacturer availability is also a concern. I am trying to stay away from China made tires if possible, but I’ll review the current Kenda Load Stars. Thanks!
Steve & Sue (pups: Sky & Sierra)
2018 G3 SunCatcher V322FC Yamaha 150
Minn Kota Terrova 80 trolling motor
Grand Design tt Reflection 297RSTS
2016 Ford F250 6.7
Grizzly Flats, Ca