New boat came in!

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

BG1

New boat came in!

#1 Post by BG1 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:51 am

Coming from an open bow Yamaha Jet Boat we ordered a 2018 Black Cherry Sweetwater 2186.
Upgraded the toons to 25", added lifting strakes, tilt wheel with extreme steering, upgraded upholstery, flooring, and captains chair, and upgraded to the Polk stereo. We ordered it with the midnight package - rails, Bimini frame, skirt, rub rail, and ladder are all anodized black.
We put a Mercury 90 on it and ordered 3 pair of EzFenders.
There were other brands we liked also but ultimately this is the Marina/Dealer we have have always used and trusted. We got to see it for 5 minutes before it was shrinkwrapped. It will be a long wait until spring.....
It should be set up nicely for our 950 acre lake.
I've learned a lot about pontoons reading this site. Thanks much!
Brent & Gail
2018 Sweetwater 2186
Mercury 90 Command Thrust

Steve7

Re: New boat came in!

#2 Post by Steve7 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:57 am

Congratulations on your new Boat! Sounds great! I’m taking mine on our maiden voyage in a couple hours. Not sure I’ll get out any more until spring, but we’ll see. It will be tough for you to wait.

Any pics?
Steve & Sue (pups: Sky & Sierra)
2018 G3 SunCatcher V322FC Yamaha 150
Minn Kota Terrova 80 trolling motor
Grand Design tt Reflection 297RSTS
2016 Ford F250 6.7
Grizzly Flats, Ca

Bryden24shp

#3 Post by Bryden24shp » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:36 am

Sounds like a super nice boat! Can't wait to see pics! And thanks for your EzFender order, Brent! First accessory for another new boat, you'll love them! Thanks again!
Owner-EzFender Boat Products
Members, visit your discount page at:
http://www.ezfender.com/PontoonForums-M ... -Page.html

BG1

#4 Post by BG1 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:16 am

Thanks all. I'm hoping Gail snapped a pic in the couple minutes we saw it. if she has one I'll put it up.

Bryan - great service and a well engineered product. Worth more than you charge! Is it ok if I point our Marina in your direction?
Brent & Gail
2018 Sweetwater 2186

steve1313

#5 Post by steve1313 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:20 am

Sounds like a great boat. I've had my 2017 Sweetwater 2286 WB for a couple of months now and love it. It's similar with the black rails, skirt, canvas and the slate interior with the gray and black vinyl "teak" flooring. 25" Tritoon and the other options you listed, plus a couple more. I don't have the black rub rails or ladder, but I've already gotten several compliments on the color combination and I'm sure you will to.

What exactly is the "extreme steering"?
Steve
"Serendipity" - 2017 Sweetwater 2286 WB Tritoon w/ 150HP Yamaha
Slipped at Lake Anna, Virginia
Primary Residence: Richmond, Virgina
Lake House: Lake Anna, Virginia

BG1

#6 Post by BG1 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:11 am

[quote="steve1313"]Sounds like a great boat. I've had my 2017 Sweetwater 2286 WB for a couple of months now and love it. It's similar with the black rails, skirt, canvas and the slate interior with the gray and black vinyl "teak" flooring. 25" Tritoon and the other options you listed, plus a couple more. I don't have the black rub rails or ladder, but I've already gotten several compliments on the color combination and I'm sure you will to.

What exactly is the "extreme steering"?[/quote]

I wanted the tilt steering and extreme steering came with it. To tell you the truth I have no clue what it means! I'm sure we are going to enjoy it.
Brent & Gail
2018 Sweetwater 2186

Bryden24shp

#7 Post by Bryden24shp » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:19 pm

[quote="BG1"]Thanks all. I'm hoping Gail snapped a pic in the couple minutes we saw it. if she has one I'll put it up.

Bryan - great service and a well engineered product. Worth more than you charge! Is it ok if I point our Marina in your direction?[/quote]

You bet, Brent! You got those babies fast. Send some pics when you get them mounted, I'll pop them on the website! I wanna see your boat, anyway!!! :)
Owner-EzFender Boat Products
Members, visit your discount page at:
http://www.ezfender.com/PontoonForums-M ... -Page.html

BG1

#8 Post by BG1 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:04 am

You bet, Brent! You got those babies fast. Send some pics when you get them mounted, I'll pop them on the website! I wanna see your boat, anyway!!! :)[/quote]

As soon as it comes out of hibernation I'll install them and get you the pictures. The easy height adjustment should come in handy rated up at the sandbar & tied up to the dock at our favorite tiki bar!
Brent & Gail
2018 Sweetwater 2186