Beware of Veranda brand of Toons.

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

ron nh

Re: Beware of Veranda brand of Toons.

#16 Post by ron nh » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:26 am

I tried to post this but didn't go through for some reason. You can find bad reviews for every boat manufacturer who has ever existed, If you look hard enough you will see repetitive problems in a short amount of time for a brand that is having issues. If I see a few bad reports over the years I wouldn't let it sway me.
2015 Qwest LS 818XRE Tri-toon w/mercury 115.

captain28570

Another customer extremely dissatisfied

#17 Post by captain28570 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:49 pm

Stupidly shipped our pontoon out to hotsprings to be 'repaired' by the manufacturer when one of the toons 'collapsed' - then it sustained damage during the 1200 mile trek out there. and they (veranda) don't seem to be standing behind their 'lifetime hull warranty' - the boat (toon) was clearly not damaged by an accident, we suspect a baffle or weld gave out but of course they're not going to admit it. anyone have any suggestions on how to get them to stand behind their piece of crap product? was hoping the boat fell off the trailer and down a big ditch on the trip out there, but we couldn't have been so lucky... this boat /brand/dealer/manufacturer has been nothing but BS since the first day we had it. so many complaints/issues.
absurd. unreal. we just want to get rid of the POS. but no one would want it!
2017 22 Manitou Aurora LE SHP Tritoon Evinrude G2 HO 150

captain28570

#18 Post by captain28570 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:50 pm

Damn Veranda sure doesn’t have very good CS. What a joke.

ron nh

#19 Post by ron nh » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:19 am

unfortunately I feel you have to get a lawyer at this point. They've pretty much declared that they don't give a shit about the problem.
2015 Qwest LS 818XRE Tri-toon w/mercury 115.

captain28570

#20 Post by captain28570 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:40 pm

Past employee at manufacturing warehouse in Hot Springs, Arkansas

As a past employee in production and shipping at veranda boats, I can completely agree with the unsatisfaction y’all have. Only thing I didn’t assemble on a pontoon boat was the pontoons. Although I know a lot about the problems that arise with the hulls. Veranda is a very dirty company in the way they do business with customers and the way they are to their employees. I have personally witnessed head supervisors say to send pontoons to dealers with the lifting straights on the logs welded on upside down. Supervisors reasoning for doing so was “it’s two weeks before our dealer meeting. We don’t have time to mess with it.” Then he had to boat shipped to its dealer. Have seen them dent logs while loading and send it anyways. Much more I could list burn understand not everybody wants to read a long review. 10 out of 10 would not recomend.