Funny thing happened...

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Mobilegroomer

Funny thing happened...

#1 Post by Mobilegroomer » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:14 pm

...on the way to the forum. So, briefly, the wife and I purchased a used 18 foot Misty Harbor about 6 months ago. She's in a wheelchair and it worked out perfectly. We liked it so much we sold it and bought a used Bennington 22SFX (2015?...can't remember right now). Paid top dollar but it is like new so I didn't mind. Not long ago I noticed some sloshing. Since it's still covered by the original warranty I took it in (just across the street as it happens!). Small leaks in both toons. Sent it away to Mobile AL (60 miles) for welding. Got it back about a week later and took it out for a test run. Got it on the trailer and it was leaking all kinds of water! He had drilled two holes in both toons to drain the water and forgot to seal them! Took it back and just got the boat back last week. Looks great now. Can't even see where he welded it. Had it on the water for "Christmas on the Water" in Biloxi MS last week and...no water! Anyway, I chalk it up to a dumb mistake. Just glad Bennington has a great warranty, simple transfer and I HAVE MY BOAT BACK!

ROLAND

Re: Funny thing happened...

#2 Post by ROLAND » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:56 am

Mobilegroomer, glad you got your boat back and all's well... I have to say that was really a dumb mistake by the welder, but they took care of it as they should have.. I agree with you about Bennington warranty.. I have a 2010 Bennington 20 footer and love it.. love it... love it..... Only had 1 warranty issue years ago... took it back to the dealer on a saturday, he called me the following friday and said the boat was ready.. easy peasy...... You're gonna love your Benny.. congrats... don't forget to post a few pics of her.
Roland & Jo
2010 Bennington 20 Sfi
Yamaha 75 4 Stroke
Shreveport, Louisiana

curtiscapk

Re: Funny thing happened...

#3 Post by curtiscapk » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:14 am

Welcome! We drove through Biloxi every year on the way to DI!
Attachments
SAM_4528.JPG
SAM_4528.JPG (209.23 KiB) Viewed 1474 times
Craig and Paula
"THE FLOATER" rebuild Spring 2013
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15328
94 Party Barge 24' 115 merc
Turning Point hustler 14 x 13 prop
22mph gps 3 people
12 F150
Overland Park Ks
Hillsdale Lake, KS