BEWARE WARRANTY WORK on a South Bay 925 IN FLA is IMPOSSIBLE

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

BLUE by you

BEWARE WARRANTY WORK on a South Bay 925 IN FLA is IMPOSSIBLE

#1 Post by BLUE by you » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:10 pm

BEWARE TRYING TO GET WARRANTY WORK ON ANY SOUTH BAY IN FL!!!! Some of you might be following this saga on the pontoon boat owners group on FaceBook... but for those not there.... I wanted this group to know the frustrations and lack of concern for South Bay owners in FL. Took ownership of my new 2016 Super Sport last March... boat went into Scotties in Ft. Myers for warranty work 1st week in Oct 2017 after 5 months of back and forth emails and pics with Forest River dealers showing them torn Bimini's covers, LED's not working, gauges wired wrong, and a leaking center toon... Since then almost nothing to report. Delays and Lip service at every turn. Spoke to forest river management, South Bay management and scotties management and still no sense of urgency at all. I don't necessarily blame Scotties as they say it takes forever to get approvals from South Bay and Forest River and that Forest River only pays dealers in credit??? I doubt Scotties mechanics will work for credit but like I told them...then you should have not signed on to be a South Bay rep!!! I have only had the boat 12 months and 5 of those months it's been sitting at the dearer...IT'S BRAND NEW!!!! the other 7 I was having to argue with other SB dealers... UGH!!! All while paying $300/mo storage space and insurance for boat I don't have!!!!!!

Follow the link below. Looking to get out of this POS ASAP and buy a Manitou!! Sadly I'm in the market for an RV as well and I have told every dealer...NO Forest River. Sorry...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... ater&ifg=1
Jimmy
South Bay 925 3.0+ Super Sport / 300 Merc.
West Palm Beach, FL & Smith Mountain Lake, VA

ROLAND

Re: BEWARE WARRANTY WORK on a South Bay 925 IN FLA is IMPOSSIBLE

#2 Post by ROLAND » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:54 am

Jimmy.. so sorry to hear about all of your warranty issues and the lack of service by southbay. As you stated, it's a brand new boat, there shouldn't even be any discussion on this. Issues should have been addressed from the get go. Hope you get some satisfaction one way or the other before the upcoming boating season... good luck with it all.
Roland & Jo
2010 Bennington 20 Sfi
Yamaha 75 4 Stroke
Shreveport, Louisiana