Sometimes friends just won't listen

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

OK Toon

Sometimes friends just won't listen

#1 Post by OK Toon » Fri May 04, 2018 8:09 am

Got a buddy that wanted to get a deckboat instead of pontoon. I mentioned to him several times about what I had heard regarding the rough ride on deckboats. I told him he should really take one out for a ride a few times before he buys one to see what I was talking about. He bought a used Bennington deckboat a few weeks ago so he and I got our wives and we took his "new to him" boat out for a ride. The water was a pretty choppy due to the wind and he hammered it down. Talk about a rough ride. My wife was sitting up front and ended up wearing most of her beer and was hanging on for dear life -- she was worried she might bounce right out of the boat. His wife has a bad back already and this rough ride did not help her out at all. He won't admit that it was a rough ride. But I guess I'm glad he finally was able to get a boat -- but I'll be sticking to my smooth riding pontoon and not put the beating to my kidneys.
Kim and Steve
2003 Lowe Suncruiser Trinidad 222
2003 Yamaha 90hp 4-stroke
2008 Toyota Tundra 5.7
Spend most of our time on Lake Eufaula

trucky

Re: Sometimes friends just won't listen

#2 Post by trucky » Mon May 07, 2018 6:27 am

There was a time I thought I wanted a deck boat. I even made a 3 hour drive to see one and take it out for a ride on Lake Murray in SC. 10 minutes in we got out in the main channel and started hitting the waves. That was enough for me. Horrible ride, especially after coming out of a Sea Ray sundeck.
07 Bentley 240 Cruise - 115 Mercury EFI Four Stroke

PlaynDoc

#3 Post by PlaynDoc » Mon May 07, 2018 7:23 pm

friends don't let friends get a deck boat! ..... you did your part, though
2011 SunChaser DS22
Mercury 115 EFI
13.75 x 15p

Retired OG

#4 Post by Retired OG » Tue May 08, 2018 5:28 am

Prior to buying my old pontoon last year, I had never ridden in one....Prior to me getting mine running and "refurbished" a new acquaintance took me out in his and I can't tell you how impressed I was with the very smooth and very stable ride.... I had originally got the idea for a pontoon boat because of a disabled brother I take care of, my two Jack Russels, fishing poles, ice chests, tackle boxes, beach chairs, etc. etc. .... Regular boats have their place, but for sheer pleasure at relaxing on the water, whether for an afternoon, an evening, a day, or a weekend,the pontoon boat is a tough act to follow....
1973 Kayot with 1972 Evinrude 50 hp Lark