Dreaded dirty floor

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

ToddS

Dreaded dirty floor

#1 Post by ToddS » Sun May 13, 2018 6:08 pm

I'm getting my 'toon ready for the season (better late than never).
It has a vinyl floor that previous owner had installed summer of 2015. Last season was the first season we left the boat in the water (brackish water to salty). I hosed the boat down after every trip. The flooring behind the fence is dirty, but not bad. The flooring in front of the fence has turned an almost consistent color. The only difference I can think of is more exposure to salt water.

The odd thing is there's a stripe on the floor that appears clean (maybe where the ends meet). Same thing inside of the fence, but not as prominent.

Any cleaning advice? We've tried soft scrub and a bristle brush to no avail. I swore at it as well; while I felt better, it did not help.
toonfloor.JPG
toonfloor.JPG (113.38 KiB) Viewed 1254 times
Thanks!

Todd

ROLAND

Re: Dreaded dirty floor

#2 Post by ROLAND » Sun May 13, 2018 9:00 pm

ToddS.... not positive this will help but see if you can find a product called Simple Green... I know in the past it was "the thing" to use. My toon also has a vinyl floor and I take mine to a do it yourself carwash a couple of times a year and power wash the heck out of it. Can't say my vinyl looks brand new...but you'd never know it was 9 years old either.
Roland & Jo
2010 Bennington 20 Sfi
Yamaha 75 4 Stroke
Shreveport, Louisiana

Soonertoon

Re: Dreaded dirty floor

#3 Post by Soonertoon » Mon May 14, 2018 7:10 am

Maybe try a mixture of Oxyclean . let it soak. that stuff is a miracle cleaner for stains and such. Stains are a bitch to get out sometimes.
Broken Arrow Ok
2014 G3 Suncatcher
115 Yamaha 4 stroke
Paradise Cove Marina on Ft. Gibson Lake