Advice on Crest Savannah Tritoon

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Chalkmine

Re: Advice on Crest Savannah Tritoon

#16 Post by Chalkmine » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:59 am

Bob l....thanks for the post. You make bring up great points.

It’s never really been about me wanting money. I paid cash for the boat and the loss of my leisure time In All honesty is more important than the monetary cost of the boat.

At this point I have such a bad taste in my mouth with Crest it would be hard for me to drive down the lake in the boat.

All I’ve asked them to do is pay the dealer their fee to sell the boat and I will go buy a boat from a boat manufacturer who has stronger ethical and business practices.

As for consulting with an attorney....I have done that and at this point I will get greater satisfaction burying them on social media than the monetary value I will lose on the boat.

I will never sign that letter for a $2,400 pay off.

Liquid Asset

#17 Post by Liquid Asset » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:33 pm

I've through a similar situation with a new work truck. My advice, if the boat is fixed enjoy it. I know you feel cheated but it's only eating at you , they are not concerned. Life is too short to stew over a boat. If it's fixed just use it, if it's not then look into legal action.
2018 Tahoe ltz elite windshield powered by a 175 Mercury verado with sea legs
Rebuilt custom 20' 1983 riviera cruiser tritoon SOLD

2017 crew cab F-350 gets me to the lake !

ROLAND

#18 Post by ROLAND » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:33 pm

man I hate to hear all you've had to go thru with this new boat. That's a shame. Might I suggest a couple of things. First, if and when you do buy another boat, I would certainly try to buy from a dealership in your area.. and whether or not they are in your area, check them out thru the bbb, reviews, anything you can find about that company's customer service. 2nd.. regardless of where you buy your next boat, I would not take it home til someone from the company / dealership and myself actually put the boat in the water and took a test run.. find out those issues before you drive 4 or 5 hours one way. Just one old mans opinion... Good luck with your next purchase.
Roland & Jo
2010 Bennington 20 Sfi
Yamaha 75 4 Stroke
Shreveport, Louisiana