Need help with front swim deck project.

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

jasindude1

Need help with front swim deck project.

#1 Post by jasindude1 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:06 am

I will attach a photo to help illustrate my problem. I have approx 12-18” of front space past the fencing in the front (I haven’t measured) I want to possibly install just a wood swim deck, nothing too fancy but so the kids have a platform to jump off of at the lake. My issue is the way my boat sits on my trailer. You can see on the photos the stop rail is right where the wood platform would go. So I need ideas, I was told ur tune can hang off the back of the trailer no more than 12”, so maybe that’s possible, or maybe making it removable, I’m sure I’m not the only one who has thought of this or had this issue so must be a solution. I was thinking maybe 1 or 2 2x8 boards just across the tips of the pontoons. Any advice would be appreciated.
Attachments
Pontoon boat.jpeg
Pontoon boat.jpeg (20.35 KiB) Viewed 2459 times

willy13

Re: Need help with front swim deck project.

#2 Post by willy13 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:59 am

Can you move the stop rail on the trailer closer to the tongue? Moving the boat farther back would depend on current trailer tongue weight.

jasindude1

#3 Post by jasindude1 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:16 am

I already looked at that, i cant, its welded in place. I honestly dont know the tongue weight on the trailer. Im trying to find the most cost effective and of course safe solution for this, and the front stop is to low to where the board wouldnt fit underneath if if i cut the wood.

Steiner

#4 Post by Steiner » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:40 pm

Removable deck would be easy especially if those are cleats on the front.

Just cut your boards a few inches longer than the toons are wide. Then stack them side by side wide enough to run from the fence to the cleats. Bind them together by using 2x4 on the underside, cut them so there's about 4" or so extending out on one side like fingers. The two outside ones you'd want positioned so they're exactly as wide as the outside of the toons.

Now what you'd have is a deck so you'd set by angling the fingers under the fence and dropping it. The outside boards underneath would keep it from sliding side to side and the fingers under the deck would keep it from wanting to flip up when they jump off the front.
2019 G3 SunCatcher V322 SS tritoon, Yamaha F200
2019 F-150 XLT SuperCrew FX4, 3.5L EcoBoost Max Trailer Tow Package

bansil

#5 Post by bansil » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:05 pm

Great easy idea right there :lol:
Check out "Dudes" site www.whereisdude.com