You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

revslev

Re: Sun tracker top speed ?

#16 Post by revslev » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:30 pm

I pushed out 21 via the gps at 5100
2009 Party Barge 24
90hp Mercury Optimax
Camper Enclosure by Paul's Custom Canvas Inc.
Beer by "ANYONE"
Colorado Springs, CO

Stop Talking About It and Do It
revslev

badmoonrising
Site Admin

#17 Post by badmoonrising » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:22 pm

WaltF wrote: I asked the dealer just last week if he knew anyone who would weld on after market strakes.
I was hoping if i went through Tracker to get it done, they'd still honor my warranty..
He said nope...

So if I get Tap Fins welded on my PC, my warranty will be void ? Wasn't aware of that :tofunny :tofunny
Ed, Cheryl, Ethan and Aspen.
2013 Sun Tracker Party Barge 22 w/90 HP Mercury, "Hellrhighwater 2"
2014 E-350 Extended XLT.
Chesapeake City ,MD

camartin

#18 Post by camartin » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:40 am

badmoonrising wrote:
WaltF wrote: I asked the dealer just last week if he knew anyone who would weld on after market strakes.
I was hoping if i went through Tracker to get it done, they'd still honor my warranty..
He said nope...

So if I get Tap Fins welded on my PC, my warranty will be void ? Wasn't aware of that :tofunny :tofunny
Show TapFins some respect :puke (see the side of 6x6s toon...those look like the TFs on my toon...I just don't have them on the outside) http://pontoonforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13. Wonder if 6X6 ever entered the TF debate?
2006 2500 Sanpan RE
150 Verado
Lake Norman, NC

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

#19 Post by HandymanHerb » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:24 am

Yes he did as a matter of fact, said he wished he got before speeds but did say it rode better but couldn't say if it was any faster or not.

I want to know what happened to Fusion who got a set to weld on after he got the before stats and he made a deal to use some GPS near by and then he was gone never to be heard from again.

I think the tap fins guys took him out just as he was going to release the facts on speed lost do to tap fins being installed.
In Memory of John 6x6 Larsen

badmoonrising
Site Admin

#20 Post by badmoonrising » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:34 am

[quote="camartin
Show TapFins some respect :puke (see the side of 6x6s toon...those look like the TFs on my toon...I just don't have them on the outside) http://pontoonforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13. Wonder if 6X6 ever entered the TF debate?[/quote]

It's not Tap Fins I have a problem with, it's Malcolm. Besides, Tracker and most pontoon manufacturers void hull warranties for any welds or modifications. This is a question Malcolm never answered without going off on us. Who has them doesn't answer that either.

I don't go to PDB, f 'em. :nobrady
2014 E-350 Extended XLT.
Chesapeake City ,MD

badmoonrising
Site Admin

#21 Post by badmoonrising » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:37 am

HandymanHerb wrote: I think the tap fins guys took him out just as he was going to release the facts on speed lost do to tap fins being installed.

Yep, Malcolm also never showed up to do a real world test in the Chesapeake Bay that I challenged him to and Brady deleted that thread in an attempt to save Malcolm's rep. :nobrady Big difference in bay conditions versus the calm as glass lake he tested them in.
2014 E-350 Extended XLT.
Chesapeake City ,MD

Cobra427cable

#22 Post by Cobra427cable » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:32 pm

Hello all. I am new to boating and I bought a 24' Suntracker Regency w/135 HP Mercury Optimax about a month ago and I am very happy with my purchase. I noticed this thread because my wife and I didn't agree on what boat to buy mainly due to the speed. She wanted a pontoon boat because of the size, space, children friendly...and so on, but I didn't want to be limited to 20MPH! The dealer said the 24' Suntracker with NV logs could do about 40MPH!! I took the chance and the other day with 5-10 MPH tailwind, 3 people, 1/2 tank of gas, and a fairly smooth lake I hit 42MPH according to my GPS! It felt like I was flying. On an average day I can hit around 32-35 with 6-8 people on board but there was one day I had the max capacity (14 people--7 were young kids) and a full tank of gas and I could never get the boat to plane on top of the water so 20MPH was tops that day until we removed one adult and it was like magic...I could hit over 30 MPH again!! I really like this boat with only one complaint..it doesn't turn very fast, especially at speed. It also scrubs most the speed off if you try to turn fast but I still like it.
2008 Sun Tracker Regency
22' party barge w/NV logs
135 HP Mercury Optimax
Kaw Lake, Ponca City, OK.

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

#23 Post by HandymanHerb » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:02 pm

Welcome glad to have you with us
In Memory of John 6x6 Larsen

JMBroussard83

#24 Post by JMBroussard83 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:50 am

Speed is something that bugs me a little about the toon that I bought last year. I've never known anyone with one so it was useless asking friends for info on what to get. I found a 2004 Suntracker Party Barge 240 with the 60hp Merc. The last time I checked speed with my gps I was getting 20mph, this was with 2 adults and a lot of fishing gear and about 150# of fish. I've had up to 8 people onboard and that really slows things down. I would love to buy a larger motor, but that's not feesable this year with all the other things going on.

I'm wondering if my prop has the correct pitch. Under normal operation at full speed I'm turning right at 6000 RPM, even with seval adults onboard. Is it normal to turn such high RPM's or should I try to find a prop where full throttle would turn around 5500-5600 RPM? Thanks guys.
2004 24' Suntracker
2004 60hp Merc OB