I'm looking for some west Michigan lake info.

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Jerry D

I'm looking for some west Michigan lake info.

#1 Post by Jerry D » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:44 pm

Having just purchased my first pontoon boat after having a ski boat for many years, I am now looking to doing a little exploring and possibly taking some weekend trips. I have a Summer home on Silver Lake in Mears, Michigan but Silver Lake has no outlets. I was thinking of trailering to one of the other local lakes so I can hopefully follow one of the rivers out of the lake. I was wondering if anyone knows if any of the following lakes have a navigable river attached to them or a way I could find if there is a navigable river. Some of the other local lakes are White Lake in Montigue, Pere Marquette lake in Ludington, Muskegon Lake in Muskegon, and Spring Lake in Spring Lake, Michigan.
Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Jerry...
Last edited by Jerry D on Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

Re: I'm looking for some west Michigan lake info.

#2 Post by HandymanHerb » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:00 pm

Can't help you with a lake up there but I can say Welcome to the toon life, waters fine jump on in :nana :nana :nana
In Memory of John 6x6 Larsen

Towdaddy

Re: I'm looking for some west Michigan lake info.

#3 Post by Towdaddy » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:18 pm

Welcome to the forum. We have our pontoon at River Ridge Marina on Hardy Lake/Muskegon River. The total run from the Hardy Dam up the Muskegon River just below Rogers Dam is 12 miles. Great lake for a pontoon, several sand bars and sandy beaches where people congregate. Hot Boat weekend is every year on the weekend following labor day and it was a blast.

River Ridge is about 3 miles west of the Stanwood exit (exit 131) on US131.

Hope we see you on the lake.
Jeff

----------------------------------
Peggy Sue
25 x 10' 2009 Premier Escapade
225 Mercury Verado