New pontoon - new to me but used - firsrt time poster

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

mike
Site Owner

Re: New pontoon - new to me but used - firsrt time poster

#16 Post by mike » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:19 am

Stick a 200hp on the back and she will be a screamer! :fasttoon
1999 Voyager 21' Express Fish triple toon 115hp Mercury (SOLD)
2004 Ford F150 SuperCrew
Boise Idaho

mikeherb

Re: New pontoon - new to me but used - firsrt time poster

#17 Post by mikeherb » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:38 am

Bama CRUISER wrote:
sundeckbentley wrote:You've already saved a bundle on the boat so I would use that plus the used value of the 60 HP to upgrade the motor before buying new. You're going to spend a hell of lot more than $17,000 to buy new, and as I've said on here before, new boats mold and fade just like the used ones. They just do it for a lot less money. :2cents

Great buy and welcome to the forum.

How much more would I have to spend to up grade to a 90 or 115 hp 4 stroke EFI with the trade in of my 60 HP 4 stroke EFI with a transferable warranty through 2013? Also the best way to go about it?
If you're looking new this site has four manufactures prices at retail.

http://www.edsmarinesuperstore.com/yard ... rices1.htm

Don't know much more than he sells lots of motors and his prices seem in the ballpark based on what I have seen. I've been considering an upgrade myself so I've looked around a lot. You have to add installation and controls to the price ($400-1000) if you have someone do the work (which I would recommend).

If you're going used you can check all the normal sites like ebay, marinas, iboats, etc.

If you go through the trouble to do this I would do all I could to put max HP on the boat (that is what I plan to do when I upgrade).