Toon covers (part 2)

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

lounge lizard

Toon covers (part 2)

#1 Post by lounge lizard » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:55 pm

Okay gang, bare with me. Im returning the Overtons oversized cover that will never work. I found one I kinda like on Pontoonstuff. Im just looking for a possible consensus on one place or type of cover that works well for people. Im going to spend around 300+ because I dont want to go for the $800 plus custom job. I will probably make my own support, since the one I bought has blown over 2 out of 2 days being on there. Im usually not negative about stuff, but this is frustrating.
And thanks guys, you are great for info and I appreciate your time to give me feedback. :bowdown
I cant believe Im wrestling with a cover situation as much as I am, but that might just be the stupid in me.
99 Voyager 21' fish n cruise /Merc 115
Duramax/Lance 835
KTM/Honda/Polaris
Motorized advocate in Colo. CMTRA, our local club.
www.cmtrail.org come visit!

dockholiday

Re: Toon covers (part 2)

#2 Post by dockholiday » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:24 pm

Congrats on returning the Overton cover. For what use I got from mine, wish I had. Still would go with the custom cover, still think you can get one in the six range. If you are going to make a structure for support, Think I would just use a tarp or a canvas. You can use sand filled coke bottles (plastic), just drill a hole into the top, run something like small nylon rope (parachute size) through the hole and tie a knot. Glad you will be able to get your money back on the other one, your dislike would have done nothing but grown for that cover.
doc

dahogman

#3 Post by dahogman » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:44 am

Ask this question at the www.Pontoonstuff.com forum. I'm sure someone over there has purchased one of their covers and will chime in. :thumbsup
Deja Moo.....The feeling that you've heard this Bull before!!!
2011 Tracker Targa V18 WT, 150 Mercury Optimax

lounge lizard

#4 Post by lounge lizard » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:01 am

Thanks bud! I just signed up this morning there and posted a question. Thats actually who Im thinking of going with.
99 Voyager 21' fish n cruise /Merc 115
Duramax/Lance 835
KTM/Honda/Polaris
Motorized advocate in Colo. CMTRA, our local club.
www.cmtrail.org come visit!