Frustrated / long post

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

jimrs

Re: Frustrated / long post

#16 Post by jimrs » Tue May 04, 2010 7:37 am

"then pull the trailer back up so that about 1/3 rd of the trailer or so is still below the water line ( 2/3rds) above the water line.."

I think that you got it backwards you will need more than 1/3 of the bunks underwater to get all the way back on.

Each ramp is going to be different. Some are deeper and angled more than others. You will soon find a place on the trailer that when the water is to that point you can load and unload without a lot of problems. But know that there will be ramps that are a pain to load or unload on due to the way they were built. I have had some that I have my back tires on the truck in over a foot of water and then the boat would load and some that I have half a dry trailer and can load. It's not a hard job but a new job to you and you will fiqure it out.
2001 22' Tracker Regency (sold)
2001 Mercury 90 HP (sold)
Elm Grove, La
Lake Bistineau

WaltF

#17 Post by WaltF » Tue May 04, 2010 8:30 am

Go Roland!! :nana
Loading is the toughest part.
Youll just have to play with it till you get it right.

Did i just say that? :happy
--------------------
ImageImageImage
--------------------
'07 22 ft SunTracker Regency 135hp i/o
'02 Dodge 2500, Edge Juice w/Attitude
Colorado Springs, CO.

slingshot

#18 Post by slingshot » Tue May 04, 2010 1:23 pm

You've got a clog in the powerhead. That's why the clogged pee hole keeps coming back so soon after you clear it. What happens is bugs( mud dobblers and such) crawl into the cooling system and nest. As the water slowly goes around the obstruction it takes with in some of the dirt which continuously clogs the pee hole. It's a very common problem if you let your boat sit for long periods of time. You'll need to get the block flushed (can't be done with your muffs). Remember, the worst thing you can do to a boat is NOT USE IT.
2007, 2570 Crest LE II
Yamaha F150

GXPWeasel

#19 Post by GXPWeasel » Thu May 06, 2010 10:17 am

slingshot wrote: Remember, the worst thing you can do to a boat is NOT USE IT.

I've found this to be very true, atleast of the boat's I've had contact with or owned. The more I used mine last year the better it ran, and so forth. The of course, when it's running nice, you want to be out on it more, or can be out on it more, as you don't have to mess with getting it to run correctly. This was the exact same policy that my parents' ski boats ran by as well. When we didn't use them for a while, they were like everyone says... Money pits.
"Nauti Weasel"
2005 Beachcomber Islander 26