2006 mercruiser 3.0 stalling at idle......

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

jepperson

2006 mercruiser 3.0 stalling at idle......

#1 Post by jepperson » Mon May 10, 2010 7:57 am

Ok, just wanted to put some info out here for the issue I was having when idling or coming down to idle and my party hut with a 3.0 mercruiser would stall....sometimes it would start back others, it would take a while. My Step father owned a boat lot in florida and he couldnt figure it out, so he called in a favor of a friend who knew immediately. The fuse at the wiring harness block was "worn out".....meaning, it would work fine....sometimes, but then get weak and not send enough power at idle to the ignition system, and it would stall. He said whenever he got these engines in, he would go ahead and change it out first thing. Well, he was right. I replaced that stupid $25 fuse and it worked great fri,sat and sun. Another side note, my gas gauge works again as well.....the fuse was evidently not letting it work as well.....
later, jon
Husband of the Captain of "Pitt Crew"
2006 Suntracker Regency Hut

badmoonrising
Site Admin

Re: 2006 mercruiser 3.0 stalling at idle......

#2 Post by badmoonrising » Mon May 10, 2010 10:05 am

Good to know, thanks. Are you referring to the main breaker or the inline fuse ? Got any pics ?
Ed, Cheryl, Ethan and Aspen.
2013 Sun Tracker Party Barge 22 w/90 HP Mercury, "Hellrhighwater 2"
2014 E-350 Extended XLT.
Chesapeake City ,MD

DaMan Beagles

#3 Post by DaMan Beagles » Mon May 10, 2010 2:28 pm

I recently purchased a 1997 Pontoon that had been sitting in a barn for three years. First two times I took it out had electrical problems and ran like crap. Got stranded would not try to start and gauges would not work. Started checking connections thought I had a ground issue. Grabbed the wire on the main circuit breaker and the plastic broke. Went and got a temporary inline fuse and the boat runs great and no problems. Need to order the main circuit breaker and have not done that yet!
But the wife and I learned how to winch the boat up on the trailer now that was not fun!

Thanks Joe

1997 24' Sylvan SE 3.0

jepperson

#4 Post by jepperson » Mon May 10, 2010 4:53 pm

I'll try to get a picture....it is right at the electrical harness block....not inline....
Husband of the Captain of "Pitt Crew"
2006 Suntracker Regency Hut