Dent in Tube?

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Freetime

Dent in Tube?

#1 Post by Freetime » Mon May 31, 2010 11:19 am

Loading the toon on the trailer this weekend and pulling it out the lake the toon crept over a little and rested on top of guide and dented the bottom of the tube any suggestions on fixing? Did a search not a lot came up for me? The dent is on bottom of tube not to worried about looks as the only time you can see it is on trailer. And wondering will it affect the use on water since it is on bottom?

toondog

Re: Dent in Tube?

#2 Post by toondog » Mon May 31, 2010 3:43 pm

That sucks. :x Sounds like you are putting your trailer in too deep or have a really steep ramp. Any how...It depends on the dent. If it's just kinda pushed in you might try one of those dent pullers like pops a dent. There is also a chance you could do more harm than good. You might try taking it to an auto body shop and see what they think. They are likely going to have to drill a hole and put a dent puller in and reseal the hole.
If you could get someone to do it on the side, you might save some money as most places only like to do insurance work. If it's not too bad I would just leave it. :2cents
96 20 special Grumman 50hp evinrude
13 Blazer outboard jet boat
11 12ft Perception Kayak
18 250 6.7 powerstroke

Jump aboard, let's take a ride. <-clicky

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

#3 Post by HandymanHerb » Mon May 31, 2010 4:17 pm

Get a big bottle of Wild Turkey,plunger and a mattrest, take them all out to the toon, take you a big drink of the turkey.

Now set the mattrest up close to the dent, take another big drink, belive me your going to need it, now take your plunger stick it over the dent and get another drink.

Now your ready to get started, now because the pontoons are so thick this is going to take some effort, so pulling on the plunger put one foot on the toon and then the other.

Now pull with all your might while pushing with your legs the plunger pops lose and your flying backwards, opps you had the mattrest to close and you hit the ground, that's what the turkey is for,so drink you another get and mattrest the move back.

Noooooooooooow you ready to tri it again, but forst a pig drink,mmmmmm starting to taste goooood, I grab the pluunger, stick you leg to the toonm no that's not wright.

Have a drink another and stick the plun plung pluuuunger to the potoon, legs your put up , ooo did we move the mattrest??? the pluuuuuunger lets go and you were to far that time.

Noooooow laaaying on the ground, yoooooooou knoooow tit dun't looook that bad all after, goooooood job have a drink.

This was my attempt at recreating 6x6's dent removal process
In Memory of John 6x6 Larsen

WaltF

#4 Post by WaltF » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:11 pm

Nice Herb! :nana
Never hurts to try the plunger trick! :rofl

Ya, if its not big, just leave it.. its not gonna hurt anything including speed.....
Whatever you do do NOT pressurize the crap out of it thinking that will work.. it Wont. It will just Blow You Up...
Never put more then 2-3 psi in a toon....
--------------------
ImageImageImage
--------------------
'07 22 ft SunTracker Regency 135hp i/o
'02 Dodge 2500, Edge Juice w/Attitude
Colorado Springs, CO.