Looking for fellow Texas Pontoon Owners

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

texaspontoon

Looking for fellow Texas Pontoon Owners

#1 Post by texaspontoon » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:47 pm

Hi to all of you, but especially Texas Pontoon Owners. I am trying to develop a place for those of us who live here to talk about lakes and rivers they have recently been to what dealers and mechanics they trust, etc. The site is new and under construction, but I would love to have your input. I have been a guest follower at this forum for a long time, in fact you all helped me take the leap to a pontoon from a cabin cruiser! Thank you! I put 200 hours on my brand new voyager last year and loved every minute!

Matt
Sunrises, Sunsets, God and Country, Family and Friends enjoyed on my 2009 25' Voyager Fish and Cruise Dlx w/ Honda 225 (Top speed 42MPH light, from a 150-225 and added lifting strakes)

(Join our forum for Texas toons) http://www.texaspontoon.com

Slow Rider

Re: Looking for fellow Texas Pontoon Owners

#2 Post by Slow Rider » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:14 pm

Hi! We just bought our first pontoon boat 2 weeks ago! We have boated for many years (ski boat, then big cruiser) but wanted to do something different, ha ha so we too took the leap to a pontoon! We have an Avalon Ambassador and are thrilled with it. We boat at lake LBJ now, but have been at Canyon Lake prior to that. Good to hear about the site and fellow pontoon owners!
SLOW RIDER
Avalon Ambassador 2010
225HP , 30ft
where else but Texas!?

rolguin

#3 Post by rolguin » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:06 am

Hi,
I live in Lewisville, just north of Dallas.
I boat primarliy at Lewisville Lake, 15 mins from the time I leave till my boat is in the water. I have also boated Grapevine, and Lake fork. Lake Fork was fun, except I hit a tree in 36 feet of water, damaging my prop, thus ending my weekend there.

I also fish quite a bit at lewisville, and have finally fogured out parts of this lake. My biggest find was square mount rod holders for my railing, Avalon has large square rail.

I will post pics soon, but wanted to say HoWdy fellow Texans!!!

PS This is the bestest Pontoon forum!!
2009 20' Avalon LS Pontoon
2009 Honda 4 stroke 75 hp
1989 16' Tracker V-Guide Special, 25 HP Evinrude
2008 10' Pelican Raider, 4 HP Suzuki
2005 Chevy Trailblazer EXT 4x4
===Land Toys===
150 cc 2008 scooter
1999 Kawasaki Concours zg1000
Lewisville, TX

wandertheglobe

#4 Post by wandertheglobe » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:40 pm

WTTB

Lake Texoma, BTW

:biggrin2
2006 Bentley 240 Cruise, Mercury 115 4S

Texoma Toon

#5 Post by Texoma Toon » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:47 pm

Also Lake Texoma......Texas Side :)
2007 G3 LX 22 Fish & Cruise
90 Hp Yammy
Dual Axle Trailer

The proud American will go down into Obama's slavery without a fight, beating his chest and proclaiming to the world how free he really is. The world will only snicker. - Pravda

texaspontoon

#6 Post by texaspontoon » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:34 pm

Texoma Toon wrote:Also Lake Texoma......Texas Side :)

Funny Acronymn man. Hey please visit the Texas Pontoon Forum I set up. I would love it if you could join and post a few things about TEXOMA, and what you love about the lake, where you like to launch, favorite play areas etc. Where you get gas on the lake, who your mechanic is etc.

Thanks!
Sunrises, Sunsets, God and Country, Family and Friends enjoyed on my 2009 25' Voyager Fish and Cruise Dlx w/ Honda 225 (Top speed 42MPH light, from a 150-225 and added lifting strakes)

(Join our forum for Texas toons) http://www.texaspontoon.com