hull cleaner

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Parasympathetic

hull cleaner

#1 Post by Parasympathetic » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:54 am

I ordered some of the hull cleaner from that JJVBest company and will let you guys know how it works in a week or so.
BTW, a gallon was cheaper than two qts. Gallon was $32.99 and each qt was $19.99.
Hope it works.
Here's the web site: http://www.jjvsbest.com/product-information.html

2015 Ranger RT175
Yamaha 70hp
Lake Wappapello, MO

IF WE MAKE GUNS ILLEGAL, THEN NOBODY WILL GET SHOT ANYMORE. THAT'S HOW WE STOPPED EVERYBODY FROM DOING DRUGS.

walter

Re: hull cleaner

#2 Post by walter » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:51 pm

definetely want to know how it works out. Looks a lot like the coil cleaner/toilet bowl cleaner/acid. But it does say it does NOT have acid in it, which is why I'd like to know how it works. I used the acid cleaner a couple years ago, still looks ok, but it got me kind of concerned about the acid etching or pitting the aluminum. What do you guys think or experience with the etching/pitting from the acid, does it take several cleanings to really affect the alum. or what?

let us know and thanks for being the guinei (however you spell it) pig.
2008 Bentley 243 Cruise "Tritoon" w/ Lifting Strakes
115 hp Merc 4-str.
Collinsville, IL.
Boat on Ky Lake

Parasympathetic

Re: hull cleaner

#3 Post by Parasympathetic » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:36 pm

No problem, but remember I've got a fiberglass boat, not a pontoon. My thinking is if the hull cleaner works as advertised, the the toon cleaner should work as well.

2015 Ranger RT175
Yamaha 70hp
Lake Wappapello, MO

IF WE MAKE GUNS ILLEGAL, THEN NOBODY WILL GET SHOT ANYMORE. THAT'S HOW WE STOPPED EVERYBODY FROM DOING DRUGS.