Life Jackets

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

dockholiday

Re: Life Jackets

#16 Post by dockholiday » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:06 pm

i always make everyone wear life jacket...........taking my neighbors for a ride. better safe than sorry.....................doc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtWK-T4E ... re=related

lemans81

Re: Life Jackets

#17 Post by lemans81 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:39 am

bassn386 wrote:Here's what Missouri's law says about wearing a PFD: Children under 7 years of age must wear a USCG—approved PFD at all times while on board any vessel, unless the child is confined in a totally enclosed area of the vessel such as the cabin area of a houseboat or day-cruiser.
We go way beyond that requirement. I require a child up to about 11 or 12 to wear one when on the boat, and if they are under 15 they have to wear one if we are out at night. Also, any child younger than 10 or so has to wear a life jacket if they are on the dock, walkway or playing near the water.
We've had a place at LOTO since 1993 and have never had an accident. One time, a youngster fell off the dock into the boat slip (the boat usa on a lift). He almost hit his head on one of the main lift beams, but because he was wearing his life jacket, had he done so we could still have pulled him out of the water by the jacket instead of trying to recover his limp body.
Guests who have young children who complain about our rules are not invited back.
You suck lol..I spent like 20 minutes reading through the manual online to figure that out....guess I should read ahead.

Kids under 12 always wear a vest, all times when we are out. I usually recommend anyone else who isn't a good swimmer and such do the same. We have never had an issue with anyone, most poeple know their limits and make their own common sense decisions. We also never gave our kids the chance to argue, so they don't even care.
24' Sweetwater w/tritoon, 4in strakes, 70% underskinned, 150HP HPDI Yamaha 2stroke.

“It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.”
-Mark Twain