Need Ideas for slight re-layout for fishing - sweetwater24sc

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

bassman2

Need Ideas for slight re-layout for fishing - sweetwater24sc

#1 Post by bassman2 » Wed May 27, 2015 3:27 pm

What a neat place this is! Very informative and looks like good people here to me! I've already picked up several tips on setting my toon up with a trolling motor!

I just bought a used but very nicely maintained Sweetwater 24sc - I has double front bench / loungers that fold out into a bed.

I'd like to remove one or both bench seats - and replace with a rod holder or rod locker - and storage box - I also need to make a spot for 2 trolling motor batteries. I also contemplated reducing my railing to make a bigger front deck area for fishing.

Here's where I run into problems:

I can't seem to find any rod lockers that would mount along the rails (like some of the factory options on some fishing models). I'd also like to find some storage box / seat options that don't fill with water if it rains.

At this point I'm thinking about making a custom locker / storage area and just giving up on finding something I can buy and use easily.

I'm looking for ideas, lessons learned, pictures, links!

Thanks!!!

RcgTexas

Re: Need Ideas for slight re-layout for fishing - sweetwater24sc

#2 Post by RcgTexas » Wed May 27, 2015 8:26 pm

My boat has a fish deck forward of the playpen with a two fish seats. we use vertical holders for rods while running. I think there are pics in my rebuild thread . There's a link below.
1995 beachcomber conversion to tritoon with Honda 135 ,

Link to rebuild [url=http://www.pontoonforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19016][Knot Normal][/url]

God Bless America

bassman2

#3 Post by bassman2 » Wed May 27, 2015 8:43 pm

Here's a screen shot of one idea I like for storage boxes or something similar to tuck batteries into - but I can't seem to find any pre-fab examples to purchase.

Thanks for the link - what a project!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-05-27 at 8.39.40 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-05-27 at 8.39.40 PM.png (260.15 KiB) Viewed 1098 times

RcgTexas

#4 Post by RcgTexas » Thu May 28, 2015 2:27 pm

I like that ! for fishing it would be hard to beat.
1995 beachcomber conversion to tritoon with Honda 135 ,

Link to rebuild [url=http://www.pontoonforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19016][Knot Normal][/url]

God Bless America

bassman2

#5 Post by bassman2 » Sat May 30, 2015 9:26 pm

Now that I'm back in the right section....

I bought a godfrey bait/box console with the rounded front - designed to fit at the front of the pontoon - from great lakes skipper.

This should make a great battery box - close to my trolling motor. I removed one 6ft long seat - and bought a flip seat from pontoon stuff. Now I just have to find a way to secure fishing rods vertically inside a locking container about 16" wide.

Boat outfitters has a nice box out of starboard - but they want $380ish for it. :(