#1 Post by scooter » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:52 pm

here is the one i bought with 115 yamaha
Attachments
sony 022.JPG
sony 022.JPG (152.69 KiB) Viewed 15080 times

ROLAND

Re: xcursion pontoon boat

#2 Post by ROLAND » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:25 pm

Scooter.... congrats on the new boat... she's beautiful. That rig looks good in blue... :bowdown
Roland & Jo
2010 Bennington 20 Sfi
Yamaha 75 4 Stroke
Shreveport, Louisiana

playcat

#3 Post by playcat » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:55 am

Glad to see Excursion still building boats, they make a nice one for sure.
playcat
Boatless for now
Never another I/O
Kerr Reservoir, VA

bentleyjc

#4 Post by bentleyjc » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:47 pm

very nice!!! like that blue!!!
2012 Bentley 220SE Cruise - Black
2012 Merc 115 4-Stroke
"Her Caddy"

curtiscapk

#5 Post by curtiscapk » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:48 pm

Nice! where you located? :donno
Craig and Paula
"THE FLOATER" rebuild Spring 2013
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15328
94 Party Barge 24' 115 merc
Turning Point hustler 14 x 13 prop
22mph gps 3 people
12 F150
Overland Park Ks
Hillsdale Lake, KS

Littlehoe

#6 Post by Littlehoe » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:53 pm

Here's mine with the 115 Yammy. Hey BTW what pitch prop do you have and what kind of mph are you getting out of her? Mine is all out of whack right now and the dealership is trying to figure it out.

2014 xcursion x23rfc tri-toon with 2012 115 Yamaha

smlranger

#7 Post by smlranger » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:53 pm

My neighbor just got one of those with the short center log and lifting strakes on the inside of the two outer logs. It is a nice looking boat. I really like the metal work on the fence....not only looks great but provides good protection to that tender aluminum skin. I like my boat but had I seen one of these first, I would have given it serious consideration.
2011 Sylvan Mirage 8520-4PTE tritoon, 25" tubes
2011 Honda BF 115
Smith Mountain Lake, VA

Kalop

#8 Post by Kalop » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:11 pm

NICE !!!
Looking to buy Pontoon (Tritoon hopefully)
2000 Sea Doo Challenger 1800 Jet Boat (sold July 2012)
1995 Sea Doo XP Jet Ski
2005 Joyner Sand Spider 650cc buggy
DFW Texas area

NCBOATER

#9 Post by NCBOATER » Fri May 10, 2013 2:33 pm

I have the Xcursion X23RFC twin 25" tubes no strakes, that originally came with a Yamaha F115, but it would only do 23mph GPS WOT. I took it back and swapped out to a Yamaha F150 plus added under skinning, and now it does 36mph GPS WOT at 5700rpms. It has slowed down some since it has warmed up to 32mph at 5400rpms. I currently have a YAM Reliance SS prop 14.5" x15 pitch, but I may have to drop to 15" X 13 pitch SS prop to get my rpms back up to 5700 loaded. I run with 6 to 8 people all the time, so it is always loaded. In warmer weather the engine will not make the horsepower it did when it was 50 degrees with 50 degree water temps, so you will loose rpms and mph at top speed when it warms up depending upon the lad in your boat. The engine only has 20hrs on it, so the dealer says it may loosen up some and give me 100 to 200 more rpms at WOT, but we will see.
2013 Xcursion X23RFC
Yamaha F150LA
15.6" X 13 pitch Enertia SS Prop
Under Skinning
Half Enclosure
MinnKota EM101

Bamaman

#10 Post by Bamaman » Fri May 10, 2013 4:04 pm

NCBOATER wrote:I have the Xcursion X23RFC twin 25" tubes no strakes, that originally came with a Yamaha F115, but it would only do 23mph GPS WOT. I took it back and swapped out to a Yamaha F150 plus added under skinning, and now it does 36mph GPS WOT at 5700rpms. It has slowed down some since it has warmed up to 32mph at 5400rpms. I currently have a YAM Reliance SS prop 14.5" x15 pitch, but I may have to drop to 15" X 13 pitch SS prop to get my rpms back up to 5700 loaded. I run with 6 to 8 people all the time, so it is always loaded. In warmer weather the engine will not make the horsepower it did when it was 50 degrees with 50 degree water temps, so you will loose rpms and mph at top speed when it warms up depending upon the lad in your boat. The engine only has 20hrs on it, so the dealer says it may loosen up some and give me 100 to 200 more rpms at WOT, but we will see.
I would tell you to drop back to a 14 pitch, however the 13 pitch will do better if you're traveling heavy all the time. My boat with a 14 was hitting the rev limiter @ 6300 rpm's. I went up to the 15 pitch and am getting 40 mph @ 6000 rpms. There again, I don't often travel very heavy.

Your boat is performing exactly as it should. I wonder if factory OEM strakes are available as an add on?
'12 Bennington 24' SSLX Yamaha 150

BG-Pete

#11 Post by BG-Pete » Thu May 30, 2013 12:44 pm

Just got my new X25RF a few weeks ago. First pontoon but have had boats all my life. Decided to go with the 3/4 triple tune with lifting strikes and a 150hp Merc 4 stroke. So far so good. Just having some major issues with the cover leaking . Carpet is SOAKED after every little rain. Got the snap out option, so it is in the garage until they figure this out. Other than a couple other minor adjustments that need to be made, she is very stable in rough water. Much better than my Rinker 212 Captiva. I do, however, see some spots where things could have been finished a little better/cleaner. All in all, we love it.
Don't let life make you look weak. Be like a duck. On the surface keep cool and smooth, even though you're paddling like hell underneath.

NCBOATER

#12 Post by NCBOATER » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:46 am

This is my first pontoon boat, but I have found in my own research is the more weight you add to a pontoon boat the deeper the logs run in the water, which equates to slower speeds and lower RPMs using the same prop. The dealer propped the boat with one person on board rather than 6 people, which is what asked them to test with, but that was not what they did. At any rate I started out with a 14.25 X 17 pitch SS Reliance prop and now I am running a 14.5 X 15 pitch SS Reliance prop. The 15 pitch was fine with a load back in February and March, but now since it has warmed up I really need to drop down to a 14 pitch prop. It would not be such a difference, but I typically have my 4 kids and 4 adults on board most all of the time, so I am always loaded down. I have gotten it to 36mph GPS at 5700rpms with just me and my son on it with the 15 pitch prop, but that was before it warmed up and I added a EM trolling motor.

I have the X23RFC, and I added another SS fencing brace behind the captains chair, because with the layout of this floor plan there was a long span with no bracing. This caused the fencing to move to much when under way especially with the Bimini top up. Since I added the additional brace the fencing it much more stable. It was only $25 from the dealer, and worth it in my opinion.

I also noticed that with the floor plan of my model there was more weight on the port side because most of the seating is on that side of the boat. Trying to equalize weight on a twin tube pontoon boat is key to its handling. I had to be careful when making starboard turns at speed, because that side would tilt up because of most of the weight on the port side. I recently added a 101lb thrust engine mount trolling motor, and I put the three batteries, battery charger, and control box under the helm. This added about 240lbs of weight to the starboard side, and made it more stable when turning. This was not my goal, but a result of the additional weight on the starboard side. The extra weight did slow me down a bit, and added additional weight, which lowers the number of people I can have on board, but it was worth it to me to be able to troll, and navigate in and out of coves with the trolling motor. There are pros and cons to this type of trolling motor, but it depends upon what you use it for. It works very well for what I use it for. I would recommend the 101lb thrust for a 23ft pontoon boat in the 4000 to 5000lb range. The 80lb thrust would struggle with this much weight.
2013 Xcursion X23RFC
Yamaha F150LA
15.6" X 13 pitch Enertia SS Prop
Under Skinning
Half Enclosure
MinnKota EM101

68dodgeramman

#13 Post by 68dodgeramman » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:40 am

BG-Pete wrote:Just got my new X25RF a few weeks ago. First pontoon but have had boats all my life. Decided to go with the 3/4 triple tune with lifting strikes and a 150hp Merc 4 stroke. So far so good. Just having some major issues with the cover leaking . Carpet is SOAKED after every little rain. Got the snap out option, so it is in the garage until they figure this out. Other than a couple other minor adjustments that need to be made, she is very stable in rough water. Much better than my Rinker 212 Captiva. I do, however, see some spots where things could have been finished a little better/cleaner. All in all, we love it.
Hey BG-Pete,
just wondering about what you're getting for speeds with your set up. I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on the exact set up. Also wondering how you like the rear facing seats as opposed to the traditional rear couch. Do you have the privacy enclosure? The dealer says he doesn't know if I can get it on this model. Thanks .
2014 Xcursion X23RF "Tooned Out"
XS tube pkg.
150hp Evinrude ETEC

BG-Pete

#14 Post by BG-Pete » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:12 am

68dodgeramman wrote:
BG-Pete wrote:Just got my new X25RF a few weeks ago. First pontoon but have had boats all my life. Decided to go with the 3/4 triple tune with lifting strikes and a 150hp Merc 4 stroke. So far so good. Just having some major issues with the cover leaking . Carpet is SOAKED after every little rain. Got the snap out option, so it is in the garage until they figure this out. Other than a couple other minor adjustments that need to be made, she is very stable in rough water. Much better than my Rinker 212 Captiva. I do, however, see some spots where things could have been finished a little better/cleaner. All in all, we love it.
Hey BG-Pete,
just wondering about what you're getting for speeds with your set up. I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on the exact set up. Also wondering how you like the rear facing seats as opposed to the traditional rear couch. Do you have the privacy enclosure? The dealer says he doesn't know if I can get it on this model. Thanks .
There's no speedo and I opted not to get the GPS depth finder. So for speed, I'm not really sure. From what the dealer claims, it can get to about 38mph. I have no doubt it was closeto that.

As for the privacy room, I did not get it but it is an available option. I'm sorry I didn't get it. Right now, the space where it would go is extra storage which isn't all bad.

We love the seating setup. Provides a lot of seating and gives much more floor space.

Hope that helps.
Don't let life make you look weak. Be like a duck. On the surface keep cool and smooth, even though you're paddling like hell underneath.

68dodgeramman

#15 Post by 68dodgeramman » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:45 pm

Thanks Pete, l appreciate it. And yes it did help. :biggrin2
2014 Xcursion X23RF "Tooned Out"
XS tube pkg.
150hp Evinrude ETEC