power arm binimi top

Tell it like it is!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

crookedlaker

power arm binimi top

#1 Post by crookedlaker » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:55 am

I finally installed my new power arm binimi top
Installation of the top itself is very easy, very good directions however look at the U tube video for better instructions.
They cover the mechanical installation well however the wiring is kind of up to you which is understandable as all the boats are different.
It only took about an hour to mount the actuators and framework however i spent about 4-5 hours fishing the wiring thru the rails
for a clean OEM type installation. I ran the wiring from the port actuator thru the bottom power arm rail to the console, you will have to splice on about 8' of wire to do it this way but it made for a clean installation. (thanks to the Toon Guy for this tip) he has a good write up on the pontoon stuff forum with more detail on the installation.
tip: use .040 welding wire for fishing wire thru tubes, works great.
You will have to buy or reuse your old anchor light as it is not included with the top but the canvas is cutout for a light.
The quality of the kit is excellent all stainless steel fasteners and all electric connectors are provided, one small detail, it would be nice to have a marked placard for the switch and also would be nice if the crimp connectors were the heat shrink type. A quick trip to autozone took care of this.
The unit works very well and came with the key chain fob, it seems to operate much smoother with the switch than the remote but it works well.
we ran at top speed (only at about 27 mph) with top in radar position and open and it seemed very sturdy with no noticeable
movement.
I did add a small piece of velcro at each corner to keep the canvas centered when opening and closing as it seemed to move with the wind, that took care of the problem. My neighbor has a similar Harris with factory install and they have a snap at each corner to keep the top centered. His also has the front prop rods installed, the dealer told him to use it for very windy days or at full speed (he has a 150 ) i have the prop rods off my old one if needed i will use them.
You will probably have to have your mooring cover modified as my cover will not fit properly due to the size of the actuators.
I bought top from pontoon stuff.com best price, free remote plus free shipping
Mike
2017 Harris Sunliner 200
Tri-toon P+ Package
2017 Mercury 150 4 stroke

2014 Harris Cruiser 200 Sold!!
2014 Mercury 90 four stroke (120 HP via Simon Motorsports) Sold!!

curtiscapk

Re: power arm binimi top

#2 Post by curtiscapk » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:05 am

:nana Pics needed!
Craig and Paula
"THE FLOATER" rebuild Spring 2013
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15328
94 Party Barge 24' 115 merc
Turning Point hustler 14 x 13 prop
22mph gps 3 people
12 F150
Overland Park Ks
Hillsdale Lake, KS

dronetoon

#3 Post by dronetoon » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:28 am

Mike,

I also installed the power arm. Like you, the wiring was the most difficult part of the job. initially, I just used the remote and it was very jerky on the way up. When I called the manufacturer they said there was most likely a problem with the wiring. We replaced the wiring (only 2 hours the second time) and still had the same problem. When I called them back they said to install switch and see if the problem still exists. When using the switch the top works smoothly both directions.

There must be some kind of problem with the remote devices.

I will try to get video this weekend of the operation with switch and remote.

crookedlaker

#4 Post by crookedlaker » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:56 am

I noticed that mine is very jerky with the remote also, i do not use it so not really an issue to me, I think that is the way the remote works. It came free with top but i do not use it.
here is photos of my install, i have my cover at Angola Canvas to modify it to clear the larger actuators

Mike
Attachments
20150712_152835.jpg
20150712_152835.jpg (1.25 MiB) Viewed 3525 times
20150712_152817.jpg
20150712_152817.jpg (1.72 MiB) Viewed 3523 times
2017 Harris Sunliner 200
Tri-toon P+ Package
2017 Mercury 150 4 stroke

2014 Harris Cruiser 200 Sold!!
2014 Mercury 90 four stroke (120 HP via Simon Motorsports) Sold!!