New to Pontooning it.

Check in here and say hi!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

OCBray

New to Pontooning it.

#1 Post by OCBray » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:11 am

We are new to pontooning but not to boating. We have spent the last 8 Years in a cruiser on Lake of the Ozarks. We are giving up LOTO and heading south to Tablerock lake. We have only been on Tablerock once and loved it.

If anyone has any experience on the lake I would love to hear from you. Places to go, and more important places to avoid.

Looking forward to getting back on the water.

smltooner

Re: New to Pontooning it.

#2 Post by smltooner » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:04 pm

Welcome to the club.
SMLTOONER
Ted & Emily
2019 Bennington 21SL Tri-toon
2019 Yamaha 150 HP
Smith Mtn. Lake, Virginia

ROLAND

#3 Post by ROLAND » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:26 am

I have an uncle who lives on Table Rock near Reeds Springs just outside of Branson... I've been on the lake several times when visiting my uncle... the two things that surprised me were 1: the clearness of the water, it was beautiful... 2: the depth.. that lake has got to be over 200 feet deep in places ( a far cry from the 7 to 8 feet depth I'm used to on Caddo Lake in NW Louisiana )... we were sitting on my uncles dock last year fishing for bream and I swear the water was 20 to 30 feet deep at the end of the dock.... love table rock.
Roland & Jo
2010 Bennington 20 Sfi
Yamaha 75 4 Stroke
Shreveport, Louisiana

Bamaman

#4 Post by Bamaman » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:25 am

On the AR/MO border, there are also other fantastic lakes like Bull Shoals and Lake Norfolk @ Mountain Home. It's an especially great area to retire to with a very stable, safe society. The lakes have so many miles of shoreline that it'd be easy to get lost.

We used to scuba dive at Mountain Home in winter. The water was clear enough that at 25' at night on a full moon, we could cut off our dive lights and still see light. The lake is rock bottom, and there are so many cliffs around the lake. Only clearer lake in the middle of the country would be Dale Hollow in Tennessee/KY. We once went deep and it was pitch dark in the daytime at about 100'.
'12 Bennington 24' SSLX Yamaha 150

OCBray

#5 Post by OCBray » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:19 am

Thanks

Looking forward to getting out on the water. I will be adding a GPS/Graph to help us navigate the lake until we learn our way around. The graph is to keep from dropping an anchor in an underwater forest. I just hope we have enough anchor line.

Vikingstaff

#6 Post by Vikingstaff » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:43 am

Welcome and congratulations! We've rented pontoons on Table Rock lake two times over the years when in Branson on vacation. Both times it was a fantastic! We really loved pontooning down in Missouri, and it in part influenced us ordering a pontoon boat for our new cottage up here in Michigan.

I hope you have a great summer ahead on your new pontoon!
Vikingstaff
Houghton Lake, Michigan
Bennington 24' SSBXP